CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
TSJFan4Ever
Chris
6 posters

Tomas is boring

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Tomas is boring Empty Tomas is boring

Post by Chris Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:14 pm

All the hype over TK joining the cast, and thus far his character has been a real snooze. He was only quasi-interesting today with the Téa reveal, but even that fell flat.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Tomas is boring Empty Re: Tomas is boring

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:46 pm

Tomas who? Oh yeah - Blaire's most recent bed partner. I give him 6 months before Blaire's done bedding him and moved on to someone else. No wonder they keep having to bring in newbies to be her bed partners - there's no one left in town that she hasn't slept with or who isn't sleeping with a relative of hers, though I don't think that would really stop her.

I was interest in TK until I heard he'd be paired with Blaire and that killed ANY interest I might have had in Tomas.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah so far Tomas is doing nothing for me, hopefully their storyline will escalate soon with the big mystery coming up.
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Is it possible for anyone to come to this podunk town without being revealed as the long,lost relative of one of the regulars?I'm waiting to see if Vimal or Rama turn out to be yet another long,lost
    Lord/Buchanana/Cramer/etc. eye roll
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 pm

He has had some moments but he ultimately seems like he's destined to turn into another short-term bad guy psycho boyfriend for Blair.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:11 am

TPTB keep getting amazing talent and doing nothing - Kelly and Tomas have been HUGE flops, despite the amazing talent of the actors. Gina and Ted deserve far better than the dribble TPTB dish out.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:41 am

^^^^THAT is the problem with bringing in well-known talent. They rely on the TALENT too much and skimp on the writing. They basically just want the talent without considering if the show really needs the character.

The best stories have always proven to be the ones done for character. Whenever they do something because of a high profile actor, it always blows up in their faces.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:47 am

OLTL is all about stunt casting. They like to make the announcement of so-and-so joining the cast, but the character development pales in comparison to the headline.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:53 am

^^^^^Yet they also seem incredibly talent at discovering some amazing talent. When they don't have an actor's reputation to go on, they have to work harder. Often, it lets the actor actually show what they are made of and gain some fans.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:59 am

Chris wrote:OLTL is all about stunt casting. They like to make the announcement of so-and-so joining the cast, but the character development pales in comparison to the headline.

Look what they did with Andrea Evan's return, had her involved in a Carlo Hesser mystery which made no sense and then back burnered her in the Natalie/Tess/Jared storyline. They they decide that they can't afford to fly her out from California once a month so they get rid of her in the most assinine way by having Viki throw her out.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 pm

Yeah - ABC has NO idea how to recognize talent!!!! On GH, the most talented actors got virtually nothing while the weaker actors got starring roles and were on the front burner the whole time. Now those starring actors just phone it in day after day, emoting and making no attempts. Same thing on AMC and OLTL. The best talent on the ABC soaps gets shortchanged, while the lesser talents get all of the glory.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed May 11, 2011 12:33 am

Another snoozer day for Tomas and Blair. They talk in circles and their scenes are like reading a dull library book.
    sue67
    sue67
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by sue67 Sun May 15, 2011 12:26 pm

I think that the character was in the intro period to long as the writers waited to hear back from RH and TSJ on the contracts.

Now that the SL is ramping up there hopefully should be something for TK to do. I'm unhappy with the spoilers saying that he is out since his character fits with who Blair is as character now, Blair is a mature soccer mom, not some edgy outsider Tomas, when written for fits with her more then another pairing she has had in years, I would hate to see her slammed back with Todd if it turns out to RH's is Todd all to relive the old glory days instead of leaving her character as changed and forward moving.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun May 15, 2011 7:21 pm

I think that's just what TPTB are going for, Sue. They think they can rekindle Todd and Blaire with RH and KDP. Too bad neither of them are what they were 15-20 years ago. TSJ keeps Blaire young but pair her with RH's character and Blaire will be nothing but the mature soccer Mom she's become, and she'll look even older.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:14 am