CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good. Empty Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good.

Post by Chris Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:12 pm

Not like guilty pleasure films, that you know are bad, but like them despite it. What movies have a bad rap, and were critically and commercially slaughtered, but you thought were actually good.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good. Empty Re: Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good.

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:13 pm

Thats just about most horror movies I go to see
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good. Empty Re: Critically and commercially panned movies you thought were good.

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Police Academy 4
    Nightmare on Elm Street 3
    Halloween 6
    The Legend of Billie Jean
    Labyrinth...today everybody knows it's good but initially people didn't have any idea what the hell it was.
    Dennis the Menace Strikes Again
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:19 pm

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 was well received by critics, did pretty good at the box office and is generally regarded as the best of the sequels.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:31 pm

No kidding, I don't recall hearing much good about it, of course anything was an improvement over 2, but there were so many different ideas with 3, so many rewrites, the novelization is almost NOTHING like the movie...and yet you still have to wonder what it would've been like if they'd gone with the original ending and killed the kids but Nancy survived?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I loved The Hangover. Looking forward to the sequel even though I doubt it will be as good. Couple's Retreat was better than I expected too.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Does anyone know what the critic response was to Gremlins 2: The New Batch? Because I LOVED that movie.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:37 pm

Supernova wrote:No kidding, I don't recall hearing much good about it, of course anything was an improvement over 2, but there were so many different ideas with 3, so many rewrites, the novelization is almost NOTHING like the movie...and yet you still have to wonder what it would've been like if they'd gone with the original ending and killed the kids but Nancy survived?

It was a huge improvement over part two; largely because it ignored most of what happened in that movie, and opted to build on part one instead. Wes Craven was also brought in to write the story, but from what I hear most of what he submitted was ultimately rewritten or ditched. He allegedly wanted to do things that were, on a limited budget in 1987, largely unfilmable.

But yeah, the general consensus amongst critics and fans was that part three was one of the stronger sequels; arguably the best of the series after the original.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Knowing had it's defenders but a lot of people panned it and it wasn't exactly Avatar at the box office. I thought it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. Razz
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:46 pm

obsessed wit beyonce
    an prolly almost every tyler perry movie
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:46 am

Plan Nine From Outer Space is not a good movie but it's so bad that I have fun watching it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 am

The Longshot with Tim Conway and Harvey Korman barely grossed $1,000,000 but I think it's pretty funny.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:22 am