CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Cheaps
Tony Marino
DanaShelbyChancey
7 posters

Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much?

DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much? Empty Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much?

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:00 pm

I have these 9 movies burned to DVD. I'm going to relax with one of them, and popcorn, tonight. Which ones do you recommend?

Scott Pilgrim vs The World
    The Other Guys
    Prince Of Persia
    The Last Station
    Dorian Gray
    Animal Kingdom
    The Backup Plan
    Terminator Salvation
    Remember Me
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much? Empty Re: Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:11 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:I have these 9 movies burned to DVD. I'm going to relax with one of them, and popcorn, tonight. Which ones do you recommend?

The Other Guys
    Prince Of Persia
    The Last Station
    Dorian Gray
    Animal Kingdom
    The Backup Plan
    Terminator Salvation
    Remember Me

I have only seen Prince of Persia, Dorian Gray, The Back up Plan, Terminator Salvation and Remember Me. Remember Me got good reviews, I watched some of it to see Robert Pattinson outside of Twilight but for some reason I could not get into the whole movie. I would go with Terminator Salvation, I was not going to watch that at first but it turned out to be pretty good. Matter of fact it was on last night and I watched some of it again. Back up Plan would be next on my list.

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much? Empty Re: Which Of These Movies Are Good/ Not So Much?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Dorian Gray was good, most any movie with Colin Firth is.
    Prince of Persia was a disappointment, I expected more.
    The back up plan was a nice chick flick and I like J'Lo so I enjoyed it.

Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:20 pm

ive only seen back up plan, and i agree with what tony said Smile
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

On the list I've only seen Scott Pilgrim vs The World and The Other Guys. Of the two I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim more. I like Michael Cera and I'm not surprised it was based on a graphic novel.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:08 pm

I ain't seen none of them shits.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:52 am

alan smithee wrote:On the list I've only seen Scott Pilgrim vs The World and The Other Guys. Of the two I enjoyed Scott Pilgrim more. I like Michael Cera and I'm not surprised it was based on a graphic novel.
    So you're the other guy who likes Michael Cera. I hear there are more but they're in Slovenia or somewhere.

Of those on the list that I've seen, it depends on your mood
    Young ppl comedy (I liked)

Fantasy costume (I liked)
    Prince Of Persia
    (Biased here - I could watch Jake Gyllenhaals face on screen for a couple hours)

Action Sci-fi (I liked)
    Terminator Salvation

Drama (Didn't care for) Thot Pattinson did good in it but it is melancholy)
    Remember Me
    Thot Pattinson did good in it but it is melancholy)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:40 am

Yep, I'm the guy! Have you ever watched Arrested Development?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:08 am

alan smithee wrote:Yep, I'm the guy! Have you ever watched Arrested Development?

No, never saw it.

BTW, I just picked up Pleasantville at the thrift shop yesterday. I noticed you said you liked it. Read the synopsis and it seems like my kinda movie. Plus, I was there at the time - have a feel for the society.

There is a Dennis Quaid movie called Far From Heaven, (I am also in the minority who likes Dennis Quaid), which I personally connect to, the sexual conformity of the 50s that went against nature and caused so much grief for those with expanded sexuality. So glad that I missed it by a decade and came out to myself in the late '60s.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Shale wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:Yep, I'm the guy! Have you ever watched Arrested Development?

No, never saw it.

BTW, I just picked up Pleasantville at the thrift shop yesterday. I noticed you said you liked it. Read the synopsis and it seems like my kinda movie. Plus, I was there at the time - have a feel for the society.

There is a Dennis Quaid movie called Far From Heaven, (I am also in the minority who likes Dennis Quaid), which I personally connect to, the sexual conformity of the 50s that went against nature and caused so much grief for those with expanded sexuality. So glad that I missed it by a decade and came out to myself in the late '60s.

Yeah The Man's always trying to keep me down too. I like him well enough. Especially in The Long Riders, Wilder Napalm and Wyatt Earp. I thought he made a great Doc Holliday. I hope you really enjoy Pleasantville. Besides all the period music on the sound track I love Randy Newman's score. They play the closing credits over all the pieces.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:47 am

Wow thank you everybody. To recap, I wound up watching The Last Station, about the end of Leo Tolstoy's life (not as dry as it sounds) and Dorian Gray (juicy).

I like Michael Cera, because he's in one of my favorite movies, Superbad. Yes, a 55 year old who loves Superbad.

I love Far From Heaven too! I am a Julianne Moore and Patricia Clarkson fan. I love the cinematography and how it combines 2 topics that could not have been addressed in the days the film's style were part of. Does that make any sense?

The draw for me in Remember Me is probably Emilie deRavin, as I am a LOSTie.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:01 am

Shale wrote:

No, never saw it.

Let us know what you think of Pleasntville. I really loved that movie too.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:02 am

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:I have these 9 movies burned to DVD. I'm going to relax with one of them, and popcorn, tonight. Which ones do you recommend?

The Other Guys
    Prince Of Persia
    The Last Station
    Dorian Gray
    Animal Kingdom
    The Backup Plan
    Terminator Salvation
    Remember Me

So, what did you go with and did you like it? I have not seen any of them either.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 am

I watched The Last Station, which was about the last days and home problems of Leo Tolstoy, with Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer. I was in the mood for something substantial but it had humor too.

And then, Dorian Gray. I was glad it was set in the 1800's, I thought it was going to be updated to present day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:52 am