CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
TPP
Nystyle709
Shale
Alan Smithee
Supernova
RedBedroom
Marc™
AtownPeep
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Chris
15 posters

Do you like having your picture taken?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you like having your picture taken? Empty Do you like having your picture taken?

Post by Chris Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:37 am

When someone suddenly brings out their camera, or camera phone, to take a snapshot of you; do you generally welcome it, or do you find it annoying?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Do you like having your picture taken? Empty Re: Do you like having your picture taken?

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:17 am

I guess I like it if I dont look horrendous that day.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you like having your picture taken? Empty Re: Do you like having your picture taken?

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 am

ehh, i really dont like it. i used to be very photogenic awhile back ago, but not so now. i dont like pics
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:47 am

I don't like to be surprised with the camera. One of my aunts is bad about pulling out her phone and taking pictures of people at any given moment and I think it's rude. Sometimes you just not prepared or in the mood for it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

No. I hate impromptu pictures.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:34 am

I don't like it much, no.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:48 am

I don't mind it but they seldom turn out well. Last summer my sister got a picture of the two of us, and I must've had a sunburn or something because when the pictures came out my face looked like a big tomato.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:34 pm

I usually don't mind candid shots if they’re not too unflattering.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:52 pm

AtownPeep wrote:I don't like to be surprised with the camera. One of my aunts is bad about pulling out her phone and taking pictures of people at any given moment and I think it's rude. Sometimes you just not prepared or in the mood for it.
    co-signs

Ppl should be ready to be fotografed. That being said, I have done candid pics of ppl at events and they are the best. BUT, you must be prepared to edit out all those unflattering pics, such as when ppl are eating. The face is hardly ever right when ppl are chewing food.

A lot of ppl don't know how to edit, That's why you go on Photobucket, facebook or Myspace and see dozens of the same pic with slight variations. Ya gotta throw away a lot and just keep the one that works.

Because amateur shutterbugs don't do that and let ugly pics out there is why a lot of ppl are hesitant to have their pics taken.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Depends on how I'm looking that day and what mood I'm in.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:36 pm

I hate it, I think I look awful in photos and I never know where it's going to show up.

My in laws chose to put a photo of me when I was 14 weeks pregnant (so basically I looked fat, not pregnant), on a bad hair day, with a cold sore, and red eyes in the "mistletoe" newsletter that they send out every year to everyone they know. Really? They couldn't find a better pic?
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I much much prefer to be prepared for having my picture taken and by prepared I mean knowing in advance. I don't like the spur of the moment snapshot.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:44 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I hate it, I think I look awful in photos and I never know where it's going to show up.

My in laws chose to put a photo of me when I was 14 weeks pregnant (so basically I looked fat, not pregnant), on a bad hair day, with a cold sore, and red eyes in the "mistletoe" newsletter that they send out every year to everyone they know. Really? They couldn't find a better pic?
    I would suspect hostility in that act, but some ppl are actually that clueless.

Here are some candids I took when I was into fotografy. They weren't at family gatherings but were ppl on the street or other gatherings. They were in the public domain therefore at risk of having a pic taken.

This one is an artist's wife at an art fair and her daughter.
    Do you like having your picture taken? 1987motherdaughtertxt

She knew I was taking pics and I later gave her a print of this, which she liked. Being in the art world she understood that I was going for real, not prim and properly dressed. It is one of my favorite fotos and I think it works really well.

Here is another candid that works really well. I was teaching a friend how to fotograf plants and backed off with my other camera and got her in her element. (Ferns are colored with food coloring)

Do you like having your picture taken? 1989carollippincottwebtxt

My friend Ramon, a professional fotografer didn't know I was taking his pic.

Do you like having your picture taken? Ramononlocation91

But he understood - you can't trust fotografers.
    (BTW, the horse was suggesting which f-stop would be best)
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Shale wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:I hate it, I think I look awful in photos and I never know where it's going to show up.

I would suspect hostility in that act, but some ppl are actually that clueless.

Here are some candids I took when I was into fotografy. They weren't at family gatherings but were ppl on the street or other gatherings. They were in the public domain therefore at risk of having a pic taken.

This one is an artist's wife at an art fair and her daughter.
    Do you like having your picture taken? 1987motherdaughtertxt

She knew I was taking pics and I later gave her a print of this, which she liked. Being in the art world she understood that I was going for real, not prim and properly dressed. It is one of my favorite fotos and I think it works really well.

Here is another candid that works really well. I was teaching a friend how to fotograf plants and backed off with my other camera and got her in her element. (Ferns are colored with food coloring)

Do you like having your picture taken? 1989carollippincottwebtxt

My friend Ramon, a professional fotografer didn't know I was taking his pic.

Do you like having your picture taken? Ramononlocation91

But he understood - you can't trust fotografers.
    (BTW, the horse was suggesting which f-stop would be best)

Those are great Smile Every time that we've done a pregnancy photo shoot or family portrait, I've delayed and post phoned SO many times that my husband just has the guy come over without asking me first. Then I bitch and moan about it (luckily we've known the guy for 13 years and he was one of my dh's best men in our wedding) while I get ready for the photos and do my best to follow direction and look happy. But then I'm SO happy with how some of them turn out when we get them back. Not the ones that show my thighs though.

Edited: I'm going to PM you the photo, I don't want to offend anyone!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:37 pm

Shale, those are all great....the first one is so stunning. Just beautiful.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by sailorlover Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm

I used to not like being photographed..they never turned out good..guess in my old years I've learned to say fuck it and if you feel the need to take a pic then all be it, don't let me hold you back
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:41 am

sailorlover wrote:I used to not like being photographed..they never turned out good..guess in my old years I've learned to say fuck it and if you feel the need to take a pic then all be it, don't let me hold you back

co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:19 am

I guess I don't care but I don't want to see it if its a bizarre looking picture.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:20 am

Doesnt bother me getting my pic taken and if i look crazy in it i can just take another.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:48 pm