CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Shale
Supernova
Chris
Alan Smithee
Nhaiyel
RedBedroom
Nystyle709
TPP
12 posters

how bad is your temper?

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

how bad is your temper? Empty how bad is your temper?

Post by TPP Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:58 pm

On a scale of one to ten, one being "I never lose my cool" and 10 being "I'm constantly raging, watch out!"

I think that I don't get riled up about things very often, so I'm like a 3. Of course I come from a family of 9's, so I maybe a 7 compared to most people and not even know it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

how bad is your temper? Empty Re: how bad is your temper?

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Depends on what it is. I'll hover around a 6 generally.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Depends on what it is. I'll hover around a 6 generally.
    hmm...then maybe I'm not a 7 ;0)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:07 pm

I am probably a six or seven
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:08 pm

My 'peak' anger probably rates a "7.5", but for the most part I don't let myself get that hot and bothered over nonsense.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Supernova would know who I mean when I say I'm more like Edgar Kennedy. I do a slow burn. My fuse is usually long and I don't always explode but every now and then... head explodes frustrated bitch-slapped shake sense n2u I just can't bring myself to suffer fools gladly.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

alan smithee wrote:Supernova would know who I mean when I say I'm more like Edgar Kennedy. I do a slow burn. My fuse is usually long and I don't always explode but every now and then... head explodes frustrated bitch-slapped shake sense n2u I just can't bring myself to suffer fools gladly.

I think that is how I am...I'm really patient and I'll take a lot, for a long time...then one day I just can't take it any more!

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:25 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I think that is how I am...I'm really patient and I'll take a lot, for a long time...then one day I just can't take it any more!

...and she's up on a tower with a high powered rifle! big grin Them still waters do run deep.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:31 pm

If pushed the right way on a wrong day, my temper can ascend to about an eight. For the most part, though, my disgruntle attitude hovers at about a five or six.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:38 am

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say 7 or up...I really have a bad temper a lot of times, but about the only people I'll take it out on are the immediate family...I don't lose it in public places, that's more my brother's job, so it doesn't take much to rile me up, but I'm usually pretty good not to make it painfully obvious.

And to Alan, you've got me on this one, I never heard of Edgar Kennedy till now. The guy in Duck Soup who Harpo rolld up his pants and danced in the guy's lemonade, right? And he told Chico 'I'll teach you to kick me!' and Chico replied 'You don't have to teach me, I already know how!'? Good stuff.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:46 am

Depends on the circumstances. When I get mad I usually ventilate - just get loud and DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN - I'M PISSED. Then I'm alright after a few minutes.

When that van passed me last week, inches off my left handlebar, then got stopped at a light a block away, I caught up to him and pounded on his window with my arm, calling him all sorts of a MF. I was told by a co-worker to be careful of 'road rage' but at the time I felt justified.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:49 am

Shale wrote:Depends on the circumstances. When I get mad I usually ventilate - just get loud and DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN - I'M PISSED. Then I'm alright after a few minutes.

When that van passed me last week, inches off my left handlebar, then got stopped at a light a block away, I caught up to him and pounded on his window with my arm, calling him all sorts of a MF. I was told by a co-worker to be careful of 'road rage' but at the time I felt justified.

OMG someone did that to me once! It was really rainy and dark and I was in an unfamiliar area driving, and I didn't see where the turning lane began and when I saw it I didn't see him behind me and I cut him off. I think he may have had to slam on his brakes because he got out when I was stopped at the light and came to my window and was banging on it swearing and yelling and I just sat there in shock the whole time, terrified. I was like 18 or 19 at the time.

LOL, I would never do that. I get an adrenaline rush when there is a close call and it takes me a while to calm down, but I don't get angry at all. Well, unless they are MEAN about it. One time a person in a monster truck nearly ran me and one of my kids over, driving too fast while texting in a parking lot. I didn't say anything but I looked over at them after they parked, and the pregnant wife yelled "You should look where you're walking!" at me! I am NOT someone who doesn't take parking lot safety seriously. I'm about as anal about it as you can imagine because I KNOW how easy it would be for a kid to get run over. I was SO mad that she was blaming it on me, it was REALLY hard to restrain myself from slamming my cart into their truck after I unloaded it. I felt the urge tingling in my arms!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:43 am

I think I max out at about a 6-6.5
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:55 am

It takes a lot to get my temper going but when it does I can get up to a good 8 or 9 and its best to just walk away until I calm down. I don't usually stay that upset for a long period of time and I can simmer down to a 4 or 5.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:48 am

I do not have a hot temper. I would rate myself a 1-2, most of the time. I get annoyed by stuff, but it takes a lot to get me mad. And when I'm mad, I don't freak out with rage. I tend to stew and seethe until I can figure out how to address the issue at hand, and even then my temper only goes up to about a 5-6. I can only remember screaming with anger at two people in my entire life, one of whom is my eldest child. He really knows how to push my buttons.

I sort of feel like once you've started yelling, that means you've lost control. I don't like to lose control. I also feel that name-calling means you don't have anything intelligent to say.

Oh, and instead of yelling and screaming and throwing things, I tend to cry when I'm really angry. Guys don't seem to understand that; I'll bet some of the gals here do, though.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:40 am

2xy wrote:I do not have a hot temper. I would rate myself a 1-2, most of the time. I get annoyed by stuff, but it takes a lot to get me mad. And when I'm mad, I don't freak out with rage. I tend to stew and seethe until I can figure out how to address the issue at hand, and even then my temper only goes up to about a 5-6. I can only remember screaming with anger at two people in my entire life, one of whom is my eldest child. He really knows how to push my buttons.

I sort of feel like once you've started yelling, that means you've lost control. I don't like to lose control. I also feel that name-calling means you don't have anything intelligent to say.

Oh, and instead of yelling and screaming and throwing things, I tend to cry when I'm really angry. Guys don't seem to understand that; I'll bet some of the gals here do, though.

I cry when I'm mad too. I don't like losing control either.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:51 pm

Supernova wrote:

And to Alan, you've got me on this one, I never heard of Edgar Kennedy till now. The guy in Duck Soup who Harpo rolld up his pants and danced in the guy's lemonade, right? And he told Chico 'I'll teach you to kick me!' and Chico replied 'You don't have to teach me, I already know how!'? Good stuff.

That's the guy!
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Not very, maybe a 4 at the most. I sometimes get annoyed but rarely get mad.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:20 pm