CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Marc™
6 posters

Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates? Empty Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates?

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Does the parent of a teenager have the right to impose certain "qualifications" on the potential dates of their kids?

He or she has to go to this kind of school....come from this kind of neighborhood....be a church member....come from a certain stock, etc.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates? Empty Re: Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:44 am

OH, this is a great topic! My son is too young for me to have an opinion, but my good friend is dealing with her 19 year old dating a single mom.

I don't think I would forbid any relationship, cuz we all know how forbidding ends up...but I will in advance let him know the disadvantages of certain demographics.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates? Empty Re: Parents Enforcing Qualification Requirements For Their Kids Mates?

Post by Shale Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 am

Marc™ wrote:Does the parent of a teenager have the right to impose certain "qualifications" on the potential dates of their kids?

He or she has to go to this kind of school....come from this kind of neighborhood....be a church member....come from a certain stock, etc.
    Well, in India, China, Saudi Arabia maybe but in most of the Western Industrial countries that "right" won't go very far. Oh, they MAY be able to sequester and control a teenager for a while, but that depends on how defiant and resourceful that teen is.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:56 am

No, but they can brainwash them beforehand...I've already begun my plan to ensure that my boys don't marry someone who I don't think would be a good mom to my grandkids...MWAH HA HA HA HA!

Seriously though, I definitely will tell them my opinion and concerns, but aside from say, saying my 16 year old can't date a 21 yo, I don't see my self banning them from dating any certain demographic.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:14 am

Marc™ wrote:Does the parent of a teenager have the right to impose certain "qualifications" on the potential dates of their kids?

I mean, I guess, but I wouldn't consider it ethical. Upon meeting who their child is dating, a parent has a right to veto the relationship if his or hers character (or age) was inappropriate…but refusing them the chance to be together on the basis or social or heredity status is pretty loathsome.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:58 am

Nhaiyel wrote:

I mean, I guess, but I wouldn't consider it ethical. Upon meeting who their child is dating, a parent has a right to veto the relationship if his or hers character (or age) was inappropriate…but refusing them the chance to be together on the basis or social or heredity status is pretty loathsome.

For the most part. The only advice my mother gave me when I started to date was make sure he's a nice person, treats you right and it'd be nice if he had a job.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Nhaiyel wrote:

For the most part. The only advice my mother gave me when I started to date was make sure he's a nice person, treats you right and it'd be nice if he had a job.

A job is mandatory.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:07 am

Marc™ wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:

A job is mandatory.

Well, I started at 14 and 15 so it was okay not to have a job then, but now...........................
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:13 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Marc™ wrote:

A job is mandatory.

Well, I started at 14 and 15 so it was okay not to have a job then, but now...........................

Baby girl, I don't know....these people might disagree....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:00 pm