CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
Chris
6 posters

Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent Empty Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent

Post by Chris Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:21 am

Do you think a parent should keep secrets that their kids don't want their other parent to know about?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent Empty Re: Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent

Post by Supernova Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:08 am

I don't know about that, because on one hand why would they tell another kid's parents? I would NEVER done that as a kid because I would've figured they would've told my parents, if it was something I didn't want them to know, I'd tell the other kid because they could keep a secret.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent Empty Re: Parents keeping kids secrets from other parent

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think a parent should keep secrets that their kids don't want their other parent to know about?

I think it depends on the severity of the secret but most of the time I would say no. It’s a tough call though if the kid confided something to one parent after they made that parent promise to tell the other one. You want your children to confide in you but you don’t want to break their trust. Of course on the other hand, you probably shouldn't keep secrets from your parenting partner either. Did you have a specific example in mind, Chris?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:34 pm

I think if it is something minor, then not a big deal. But for a major thing, the parent being confided in should tell the child why they have to tell the other parent.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 pm

Depends on what it is. If your teenage daughter is pregnant and doesn't want you to tell her father, you pretty much can't keep that secret. So anything along those lines should be a guideline.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I'm with Red and Alan - for minor things, it's okay but for something big, the parents need to know, unless there's a good reason to keep it from them. I know I'd want someone telling me something like that about my kid, so I'd probably do the same, especially if the child's life was a stake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 12:08 pm