CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
RobbieFTW
Impact
CatEyes10736
Supernova
Kral
9 posters

Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz? Empty Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz?

Post by Kral Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:09 pm

If your underage kid had the talent or charisma to go into the entertainment biz (acting, singing, etc) and was being scouted by some major studio, team, record label or whatever, would you let him or her?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz? Empty Re: Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz?

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:41 pm

That's funny because I thought of bringing this up the other day.

I think a few commercials, maybe a couple of TV spots, maybe a few movies, yeah, but something long and drawn out that they become perfect prey for mobs of crazed fans and the media, no. They need to be able to be kids before their lives get screwed up like that.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz? Empty Re: Would you let your child go into the entertainment biz?

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Sure. Why would I stop my child from being able to buy me a mansion? Smile
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:12 am

So long as they agreed to all of my terms, understood that I had veto rights, and could pull my child out of any project at any moment for any reason, then sure.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:09 am

I would but i would be heavily involved and like Impact said have plug pulling power over anything i didnt like.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:53 pm

I would. But as others have said, I wouldn't be just "mom" in the situation. I would have final say on what is going on.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:41 pm

Yes, I would. No need to stifle their talent. I'd definitely be very hands on though. I would love for my child to turn out like Raven-Symone.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:19 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:Sure. Why would I stop my child from being able to buy me a mansion? Smile

co-signs
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:43 am

ITA with red and impact! I'd never just sit back and be on the sidelines.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 2:27 am