CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Cheaps
Shale
CeCe
Chris
12 posters

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)

Post by Chris Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:16 am

Would a tyrannical boss or teacher who was insulting and/or nearly impossible to take be enough for you to quit on the spot (despite your needing this job, or it being a class that was required for your major)?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)

Post by CeCe Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:30 am

Would and has. Character flaw or not, I'll only put up with so much.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) Empty Re: Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?)

Post by Shale Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:34 am

CeCe wrote:Would and has. Character flaw or not, I'll only put up with so much.
    co-signs
    Same here - I have walked off the job in the middle of a shift because of a micromanaging boss. Later found out he had such a bad rep in this field that it was a plus on my resume in getting another job.

I am just hanging by a thread on my present job because the new CEO is an ass and I no longer enjoy coming to work (where I am right now - goofing off). If it weren't for this economy and absolutely no prospects for employment at my age I would have walked off a couple years ago.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:51 am

yes ive quit jobs before cuz of management..actually wait, i think ive waited til they fired me..Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 am

About every professor I had in college was miserable to endure but I had no choice, I had to stay in the classes and finish them.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:37 pm

Chris wrote:Would a tyrannical boss or teacher who was insulting and/or nearly impossible to take be enough for you to quit on the spot (despite your needing this job, or it being a class that was required for your major)?

No way. I'd certainly be looking to get out of Dodge ASAP but I'm not putting my family at risk like that. I'll keep showing up to do my job as best I can and if they fire me, they fire me.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

I almost considered dropping a class this semester for similar reasons but I hung in there and I think I might make it out of this in one piece. lol
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:32 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:I almost considered dropping a class this semester for similar reasons but I hung in there and I think I might make it out of this in one piece. lol

I am so proud of my lil bro!
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:36 pm

Unbearable is unbearable, so yeah, it probably would. I feel like I get along with most everyone, but there was one boss that I just couldn't take. She was awful.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:07 pm

Tony Marino wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:I almost considered dropping a class this semester for similar reasons but I hung in there and I think I might make it out of this in one piece. lol

Now if I can get out with an A, that'd be something. BUT half my grade is riding on this research paper so it's still a ways to go. BUT the teacher said I was doing good today so that made me happy. Smile The class has really shrunk though. FORGIVENESS MAN 60% dropped already and the teacher says that's low. Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:22 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:

Now if I can get out with an A, that'd be something. BUT half my grade is riding on this research paper so it's still a ways to go. BUT the teacher said I was doing good today so that made me happy. Smile The class has really shrunk though. Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) 147467 60% dropped already and the teacher says that's low. Wink

That should send a message to the teacher.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 pm

If it was bad then I would toughen up my skin while looking for alternate employment, but I'm not in a position to walk away from my job over personality conflict.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Jason B. wrote:If it was bad then I would toughen up my skin while looking for alternate employment, but I'm not in a position to walk away from my job over personality conflict.

Would an unbearable manager (or teacher) be enough for you to quit (or drop the class?) 35166 . I'd definitely utilize all of my resources however. I definitely would not stay silent about a manager or teacher giving me a hard time. Somebody is gonna know something.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:28 am

unbearable teacher - no - because I paid for the class but I'd get my revenge filling out the review. We had a really bad prof once and a friend was in the office when the head of the department was goign over her reviews. He came out and said that they needed to check out the reviews, as it wasn't good. A friend of mine started smoking again as a result of that class and a bunch of us complained about her biases and her narrow-mindedness. She was a radical feminist in the worst possible way so I'll leave it at that, as I'm sure you can imagine what it would have been like taking a social science class from her.

with a tyrannical boos, I'd be looking for work elsewhere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:55 am