CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
jennab85
Cheaps
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere? Empty Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere?

Post by Chris Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:36 am

Do you keep a wad of cash in house for 'emergency situations' (like pizza delivery?)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere? Empty Re: Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere?

Post by Supernova Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:24 am

Sort of, I save all the $1.00s from my change and put them away, once they reach a certain point like $50 or so I take them in to the bank for larger bills, right now I'm up to about $70 this time and waiting till the end of the month before I do anything with them.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere? Empty Re: Do you have a stash of cash in your house somewhere?

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 am

nope..wish i did!!
    jennab85
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by jennab85 Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:27 pm

I keep about $100 in cash hidden in my car in case of emergencies. I should do the same for my house.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:31 pm

Nope, not in the house. I keep an emergencey $50 in my car and that's it. All of my money is in the bank. Where it should be. At least I know it's secure.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, I have an Alan Getting Into Trouble Fund hidden away.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by sailorlover Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:16 pm

Well first of all, you have to have extra cash to have it hidden! I do good to keep $5 in my car. That's soda money!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:31 am

I do keep at least $100 in the house for whatever. But that is in my wallet, not in a random spot. So, often it is less than that.

I took huge issue with my guy who would keep way to much in the house at one time. It drove me nuts, and now I have him convinced to get it in the bank a.s.a.p. all the time.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:33 am

RedBedroom wrote:I do keep at least $100 in the house for whatever. But that is in my wallet, not in a random spot. So, often it is less than that.

I took huge issue with my guy who would keep way to much in the house at one time. It drove me nuts, and now I have him convinced to get it in the bank a.s.a.p. all the time.

What qualifies as too much?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:51 am

Supernova wrote:
    RedBedroom wrote:I do keep at least $100 in the house for whatever. But that is in my wallet, not in a random spot. So, often it is less than that.

What qualifies as too much?

He is a general contractor so he has had customer money that he has not had time to get to the bank, and felt like it was ok to wait a few days. My bitching, plus a neighbor's fire has him on a better path now.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:56 am

Ah, for some reason fire's not something I think of to worry about, with me it's tornadoes or something like that, robbery is very unlikely because there's always somebody home and everybody knows it, storms are another thing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 am

Funny you say that because Sunday, our weather was bad. Tornadoes were in the area. I asked him, "How much cash do you have in your room right now?" I was glad to know he was still heeding my advice to not keep a lot.

But my dad was always a person who worried about paper money and fire, so I do as well. Plus the day the other side of this duplex caught on fire due to our stupid ass neighbor, we were so unprepared. Thank God, it wasn't worse than it was.
    sailorlover
    sailorlover
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by sailorlover Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:38 am

I also have learned that if I have extra cash in the house, the kids will eventually find it and then it's gone. That's why they started to finally get an allowance. $30 a month. That keeps them off my back of "Can I have some money"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:04 am