CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Supernova
2xy
Chris
8 posters

Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed? Empty Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed?

Post by Chris Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:02 am

Is your childhood neighborhood better, worst, or about the same as it was when you were a kid?
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed? Empty Re: Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed?

Post by 2xy Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:25 am

Haven't seen it in 13 years, so I don't know. And what do you mean, exactly? Quality of people? Physical appearance of buildings?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed? Empty Re: Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed?

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:29 am

Worse, most of the good people either moved away or died, so there are a lot of houses sitting empty and the others are filled by people you don't want to be unfortunate enough to know.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

As a small child I lived in a run down neighborhood of 19th Century buildings in North St. Louis. That has been razed for decades now. In 1956 we moved to the 'burbs a 1940s era subdivision called St. Ann.

I finished my childhood on St. Henry Lane and last year revisited the old street.
    Except for the change in cars, I was surprised that it had not changed in half a century.

St. Henry Ln Sept. 2010
    Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed? 2010Sep16dStHenryLnStAnnShale

In fact the house that I grew up in was unchanged as well.

10307 St. Henry Ln Sept 2010
    Has the neighborhood you grew up in changed? 2010Sep16f10307StHenryLnStAnnShale

However, the business area of St. Ann had changed and was quite run down with boarded up businesses, either due to the recent economy bust or changing demographics.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:45 am

There's been a subtle shift in semblance and mood, but it is largely the same.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:27 pm

i grew up in several diffferent neighborhoods, but they all seem pretty much the same.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:31 pm

I haven't been over there in a while, but it's about the same I would say. It prob. isn't as quiet though. There is a club that they put up over there right around the corner from the street where I lived and my father used to complain how it was hard to find any parking spots on the account that people were going to it during the weekend.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 pm

My neighborhood in Chicago changed drastically. For the worse.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:51 pm