CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
CeCe
Nystyle709
Wadsworth
Shale
Supernova
9 posters

People you hope you never find out your'e related to

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

People you hope you never find out your'e related to Empty People you hope you never find out your'e related to

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:03 pm

You always see those ads for ancestry.com and somebody goes 'I found out my great grandfather was a detective', 'my grandfather was the town's only doctor', but you NEVER hear of anybody finding out they're related to anybody famous. Well a couple of months back my mother found out she's the great great great great great and some other greats, granddaughter to Anne Dudley Bradstreet, America's first published woman poet, which she said would explain why we all write...but that got me to thinking, who do you hope it NEVER turns out you're related to?

First one I thought of was Bill Clinton
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

People you hope you never find out your'e related to Empty Re: People you hope you never find out your'e related to

Post by Shale Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Well, I would say Sarah Palin, but I had an aunt in Mississippi who was just as lame brained and fucked up as her and I liked her a lot.

In reality I hope I'm not related to any of my real ancestors, a bunch of Mississippi rednecks, one known to be in the CSA and one highly suspected of being in the KKK. Can't get much worse than the reality of my family tree.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

People you hope you never find out your'e related to Empty Re: People you hope you never find out your'e related to

Post by Wadsworth Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Supernova wrote:You always see those ads for ancestry.com and somebody goes 'I found out my great grandfather was a detective', 'my grandfather was the town's only doctor', but you NEVER hear of anybody finding out they're related to anybody famous. Well a couple of months back my mother found out she's the great great great great great and some other greats, granddaughter to Anne Dudley Bradstreet, America's first published woman poet, which she said would explain why we all write...but that got me to thinking, who do you hope it NEVER turns out you're related to?

blank stare @ you You wouldn't wanna be related to an ex-president?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:24 am

Wadsworth wrote:
    Supernova wrote:You always see those ads for ancestry.com and somebody goes 'I found out my great grandfather was a detective', 'my grandfather was the town's only doctor', but you NEVER hear of anybody finding out they're related to anybody famous. Well a couple of months back my mother found out she's the great great great great great and some other greats, granddaughter to Anne Dudley Bradstreet, America's first published woman poet, which she said would explain why we all write...but that got me to thinking, who do you hope it NEVER turns out you're related to?

blank stare @ you You wouldn't wanna be related to an ex-president?

Lincoln, sure, Washington, why not?, Teddy Roosevelt, definitely, but not ol' coke nose.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:16 am

Supernova wrote:
    Wadsworth wrote:

People you hope you never find out your'e related to 729904 You wouldn't wanna be related to an ex-president?

Lincoln, sure, Washington, why not?, Teddy Roosevelt, definitely, but not ol' coke nose.

eye roll . Teddy Roosevelt and George Washington? You wouldn't mind being related to racist ass presidents? Teddy Roosevelt, especially, was one of the worst damn presidents ever. eye roll
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:38 am

I'd rather be related to Teddy Roosevelt, who I would love being related to because of his personal accomplishments and because of his strong family values (in the late 1800s and early 1900s he always found time to be with his 6 children, knew what they were doing, knew what marks they got in school, what position they were on sports teams, made sure they didn't sacrifice their academics for their sports, read to them every night when he was home and wrote them every day when he was away on trips, and all this done BEFORE the modern conveniences of email, webcams and cellphones when TODAY people complain they can't be expected to do all that becaus they're busy) than maybe being related to Hitler or Mengele or James Jordan or Horace Barnette, or one of the earlier Americans who helped kill off the Indians.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:17 am

Sarah Palin & Glen Beck for sure. Although I'm sure if you shook my family tree hard enough people just like them would probably fall out.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:28 am

It would suck to know I was related to Sadam, Osama or Hitler.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:58 am

RobbieFTW wrote:It would suck to know I was related to Sadam, Osama or Hitler.

Indeeeeeeed. That's the thing, for all the people that you might like to be related to, there's a whole list of people you hope that's never a possibility.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

I wouldn't care about any of them to be honest. If it was so distant that I just found out through a random circumstance, it is not as if it would affect me. So, even if it was an infamous killer, I would shrug it off.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:52 am

I wouldn't be thrilled to learn I was related to Jefferson Davis.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 am

Chris wrote:I wouldn't be thrilled to learn I was related to Jefferson Davis.

I think that fucker would be turning over in his grave if he knew about you too! ROFLMAO!

I wouldn't want to find out I was related to a serial killer. John Wayne Gacy, for example.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 30, 2024 4:37 am