CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Marc™
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
Supernova
9 posters

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty Re: The 'TLC' Discussion Thread.

Post by Supernova Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeah I don't get it, people make it out like from Oooooohhh to Fanmail that TLC kept going up, up, up, but I think they peaked somewhere between Tip and CSC.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:47 pm

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:46 am

One of the biggest problems with FanMail were those awful guitar ballads. Babyface was going through his acoustic Eric Clapton phase, and it completely clashed with the kind of group TLC is.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:00 am

Marc™️ wrote:One of the biggest problems with FanMail were those awful guitar ballads. Babyface was going through his acoustic Eric Clapton phase, and it completely clashed with the kind of group TLC is.

^THIS, that's one reason I had a hard time taking to Unpretty because it's a good song, but the guitar in it, frustrated

^this, not doing it for me so much,

This one's better.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:05 am

"Unpretty" is horrid. It was such a transparent attempt at another "Waterfalls," but was much, much less sophisticated and more gumpy. Yeah, the "Don't Look Any Further" remix made it a little easier on the ears, but those lyrics were still cringe worthy.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:09 am

Speaking of remixes....

This one was a lot better than the original

This was the one they played on the radio in Detroit. I remember the first time I saw the video with the original version....wasn't feeling that one at all.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:35 am

Man, anyone remember back in 2002 when Left Eye died, and they were showing the videos on VH1 and MTV, and VH1 could NOT show the regular Ain't 2 Proud video for some reason, they could not play the one with the line about '2 inches, a yard, rock hard or if it's sagging' so they had to put on an edited version with the lyrics changed to '2 da back with my hat and pants so to sag', and I could never figure that one out. Because with all the stuff VH1 DOES play, that doesn't make sense they couldn't have that on.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Marc™ wrote:One of the biggest problems with FanMail were those awful guitar ballads. Babyface was going through his acoustic Eric Clapton phase, and it completely clashed with the kind of group TLC is.

I agree. The ballads of Fanmail threw the flow off big time. I also think they played with those weird faux-futuristic beats and robotic sounds too much; some of the 'effects' of that album were very corny.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

The 'TLC' Discussion Thread. - Page 2 Empty A tribute to Left Eye

Post by Supernova Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:44 am

9 years ago today we lost one of the greatest women in the music world, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes. While she was one third of the record breaking group, TLC, she was highly overlooked as a solo artist, her own producer refused to release her album, Supernova, in the U.S. which if the fanbase has been any indicator, was one of the biggest mistakes of his life. And Lisa might've had some trouble getting the proper recognition but amongst her fans here there's plenty of love and respect for this fine lady:

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:46 pm

R.I.P LeftEye.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:04 am

Aww, RIP.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 am

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:01 am

Marc™️ wrote:

never heard this before, i like it Smile
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:21 pm

One thing I wonder about Lisa, and I have never heard an answer on this one way or the other, she was going to Honduras off and on for about 5 years...but what I want to know is why did she start? What was it that she went there originally, and then kept going back? Does anybody else wonder about that?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Supernova wrote:One thing I wonder about Lisa, and I have never heard an answer on this one way or the other, she was going to Honduras off and on for about 5 years...but what I want to know is why did she start? What was it that she went there originally, and then kept going back? Does anybody else wonder about that?

Yeah. You never watched her documentary?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:16 pm

Last Days of Left Eye.

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:18 pm

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Ironically enough I watched the whole thing last night for the I don't know what numbered time, but I still don't recall them ever saying why originally she went, or rather I never heard her explain it herself. Some people say she started going there after the fire incident and everything when she needed to find peace, but what was it that she originally decided to go to Honduras? that's what I've never heard. Was it word of mouth from somebody else? Had she been there prior to the mid 90s? That's what you don't hear.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Supernova wrote:Ironically enough I watched the whole thing last night for the I don't know what numbered time, but I still don't recall them ever saying why originally she went, or rather I never heard her explain it herself. Some people say she started going there after the fire incident and everything when she needed to find peace, but what was it that she originally decided to go to Honduras? that's what I've never heard. Was it word of mouth from somebody else? Had she been there prior to the mid 90s? That's what you don't hear.

She picked that place as a vacation spot and then it went from there. Esp after meeting that Dr. Sebi cat. It's been well documented why she went in interviews and all the behind the music specials that were aired after she died.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:56 pm

yall remember this too big grin

Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:04 pm

i had no idea they were on oprah,

ROFLMAO! @ tlc's response when oprah said "you all make alot of money, wat are you doin with the money?"

poor things werent making any money

..also ROFLMAO! @ marky mark aka mark wahlberg "people be like ppsshh",,"he aint ssshh"
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:46 pm

.:TwI$Ted*EleGanCe:. wrote:yall remember this too big grin

That is so weird because I was just going to post that video, gotta LOVE Left Eye in it, they were really going with the 'crazy' angle but I loved it, of the 3 I actually liked her ideas the best. 'or would you rather be naked, playing twister, on a nuclear submarine?' ROFLMAO! And that guy 'help me!', priceless.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Supernova wrote: 'or would you rather be naked, playing twister, on a nuclear submarine?' ROFLMAO! And that guy 'help me!', priceless.

ROFLMAO! yess, an at tboz's response "koo koo!"
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Thu May 12, 2011 1:42 am

What I have been curious about for a long time is if Chilli sang as much on the first album as the videos indicate. Listen to the parts of the videos she lips on Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg, the hooks of What About Your Friends and Hat 2 Da Back. It doesn't sound quite like her. It sounds more like their longtime background singer Debra Killings whose voice is higher and can be heard on the backing vocals of other singers. Chilli's voice tends to be deep, but on some of those early songs it's so high that I wonder if it was truly her. Plus I remember when they'd perform those live and she'd do the parts everyone presumed was her, and sound totally different. The octave was much deeper. Hmmmmm!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 13, 2011 7:35 am

The plot thickens!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:41 pm