CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
Marc™
RedBedroom
9 posters

What was your reaction to "Osama" dead?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What was your reaction to "Osama" dead? Empty What was your reaction to "Osama" dead?

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 03, 2011 11:40 pm

I looked at old threads and did not think this was directly discussed, ignore if it has been....

But if not, how did you feel?

I had gone to bed after a pretty shitty evening, and turned on MSNBC to fall asleep to when I found out about the upcoming press conference.

David Gregory was the first to allude to Osama...and I had chills. Literally, chills. My reaction actually surprised me. I did not think it would be like that...but as soon as Our President confirmed it, I cried thankful tears.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

What was your reaction to "Osama" dead? Empty Re: What was your reaction to "Osama" dead?

Post by Marc™ Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 am

As unpatriotic as this sounds, news of his death interrupted The Celebrity Apprentice....and it annoyed me. Yeah, yeah...glad he's dead, but don't interrupt my show. Now I gotta wait until Friday night to catch the repeat on CNBC.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What was your reaction to "Osama" dead? Empty Re: What was your reaction to "Osama" dead?

Post by Supernova Wed May 04, 2011 12:53 am

When I first heard the news, it was 'suspected' or something, that they had him, so I was like 'oh yeah right, we've been through this before', and I still wasn't really convinced an hour later when my brother told me, and a while after that we turned on the news and it was just kind of like 'wow.'
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 04, 2011 6:56 am

Marc™️ wrote:As unpatriotic as this sounds, news of his death interrupted The Celebrity Apprentice....and it annoyed me. Yeah, yeah...glad he's dead, but don't interrupt my show. Now I gotta wait until Friday night to catch the repeat on CNBC.

laughing . You're supposed to be boycotting Donald Trump anyway, lol.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 04, 2011 7:09 am

I didn't know about it until I read it on line. I either wasn't watching TV or was watching a cable station that wasn't interupted with the news. needless to say, I'm delighted he's finally dead but as Shale (I think) said, I'm pissed that we had to be so "respectful" of Islamic customs while handling his body. I understand why it was done - to try and minimize Islamic outrage but fuck them. I wish they had announced that we brought his body back to the U.S. and fed it to some pigs. Alive or dead, we are still at war with Islamic fundamentalists.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 04, 2011 8:03 am

Oh, and another thing. This past Monday I was watching the news and there was a story from a high school about this being a "teachable moment" or some such and one of the seniors said - I can't remember exactly which - that we either shouldn't have shown the public reaction (cheering in the streets, etc.) or we shouldn't have reacted that way to begin with. Ah, no. I wish there was footage of Times Square like on New Year's Eve for the world to see. If we have to watch footage of them dancing in the streets, firing their AK-47s in the air and burning our flag? Fuck 'em.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed May 04, 2011 8:12 am

Didn't hear about it to the next morning. I kind of just though, "oh, cool." I guess cause at this point, the victory is more symbolic than anything because there are so many others ready to take his place and his leadership was more that of a figurehead than anything else in recent years. So I'm glad he's no longer a threat but since there are other threats, it only brings limited relief.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed May 04, 2011 8:21 am

Had just watched The Departed & switched it back to the tv when they were doing the special report just shortly before the official announcement. Gotta admit I was surprised because I thought he had been killed years ago in Tora Bora. Figured he got daisy cuttered to death & that was as much as we would ever know. So it was completely unexpected. Didn't dance in the street but no kleenex was wasted.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 am

It was funny, I had figured once the word got out that night that it'd be like New year's Eve with people outside yelling and cheering and shooting off fireworks, but when I went out to get the dog, the entire block was black and there wasn't a sound.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed May 04, 2011 11:55 am

I'm just glad I didn't find out about it on twitter.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 pm

"Meh."
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed May 04, 2011 12:51 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Marc™️ wrote:As unpatriotic as this sounds, news of his death interrupted The Celebrity Apprentice....and it annoyed me. Yeah, yeah...glad he's dead, but don't interrupt my show. Now I gotta wait until Friday night to catch the repeat on CNBC.

laughing . You're supposed to be boycotting Donald Trump anyway, lol.

Meh. Donald is drapery....they can replace him with Rosie from the Jetsons for all I care. I only watch to see the contestants fight about who doesn't pull their weight. And this Sunday was a good one too, NeNe vs. Star Jones....but the shit got cut off just to tell me some hippy in a dress they been playing Where's Waldo with for a decade finally got his head cracked. I could have waited for the 11 o'clock news to hear about it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 04, 2011 6:36 pm

I heard about it at work. My reaction was "Word? Good for them". Then I went back to doing to listening to my iPod.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 pm

I actually thought it was a joke or a mistake - thought I'd misheard. I came home and sat down to watch my tape and couldn't figure out why Brothers & Sisters wasn't on and Desperate Housewives was in the 10:00 spot. Rewound and found Obama in the 9:00 spot, talking about bin laden being dead and was annoyed that Obama had interrupted to tell us that they thought they had him but then I realized he was saying he was dead and I couldn't believe it. It seemed surreal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:29 pm