CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Cheaps
Friendly Veteran
CeCe
Chris
Supernova
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
13 posters

Are you quick with a good comeback in person?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Empty Are you quick with a good comeback in person?

Post by RedBedroom Thu May 05, 2011 11:55 pm

I despise that too often I am not.

I think of "good shit" to say after the fact more times than not.

What about you?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Empty Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 06, 2011 12:00 am

For the most part....I am. Wink
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you quick with a good comeback in person? Empty Re: Are you quick with a good comeback in person?

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 12:27 am

I'm usually on the spot when it comes to that kind of stuff, I guess years of watching the 3 Stooges is finally paying off. laughing
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 06, 2011 7:33 am

I'm quick with the comebacks when I'm pissed off; if it's light, casual banter, sometimes yes, sometimes no.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 am

Generally although sometimes I can be too snarky.
    Friendly Veteran
    Friendly Veteran
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 10

Post by Friendly Veteran Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

On ocassion I have been but I will say that overall I am not. I suppose because I have been told I am very analytical so it may take time for me to come up with something. I realize this so my usual comeback may be I act like I did not understand and ask questions to the point that the other individual simply gives up. On other ocassions I my say "That was pretty good, you enjoyed it?" They usually do not know what to answer.
    Another tactic is that if someone tries to make me look ingorant I reply with a question.
    Example:
    A while ago a lawyer asked me about a legal precedence and what I tought about it. I could tell he wanted me to look ignorant. My reply was "Now that you mention that, have you read the latest decision on that one? It came up just today. I saw it in the news. Did you miss it!?". He asked me what was it and I told him I rather he read on it and later we can talk about it. He said he would read it. Of course he would never find it because there was not such thing!

I am not good with a comeback comment so I use diversinary tactics to get the other person off balance.

You have a great day.
    Frienldy Veteran
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 06, 2011 3:19 pm

yes, i had to be, growin up around some fast/shit talkin sisters, cuzns, and aunts!
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Maybe not "good", but certainly explicit like: "Fuck you, cocksucker!" instead of something smarter and wittier. But whatever, I get my point across some way or another. big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat May 07, 2011 1:13 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:Maybe not "good", but certainly explicit like: "Fuck you, cocksucker!" ... big grin

Careful who you say that to. It might be taken as an invitation. big grin
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat May 07, 2011 1:54 am

I always come up with the comebacks after the fact and rarely in the moment. Then I wish I could go back and have the answer ready when some idiot makes that comment or whatever it is. I'm usually too late with the comebacks.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 07, 2011 6:56 am

^^^TSJ, you have to carry them around on index cards Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 07, 2011 10:46 pm

In a pinch, you can always turn around quickly as if someone is behind you and when the object of your riposte asks what you're doing tell them, "I just wanted to see whoever it was that you thought gave a shit about anything you have to say. Apparently it's no one."
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun May 08, 2011 1:41 am

alan smithee wrote:In a pinch, you can always turn around quickly as if someone is behind you and when the object of your riposte asks what you're doing tell them, "I just wanted to see whoever it was that you thought gave a shit about anything you have to say. Apparently it's no one."
    good one
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sun May 08, 2011 11:25 am

For the most part.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm pretty good and quick, depends on how riled I am.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:08 am