CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

People who think a profession makes somebody a good person

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Rant People who think a profession makes somebody a good person

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm sure everybody knows these kinds of people. The ones who so blindly believe that because certain people have certain careers and belong to certain professions, that they would NEVER do anything wrong.

If we can admit that priests and other clergymen are capable of being scum of the earth, then why is it so hard to believe certain police and doctors and even soldiers, can be less than saintly and sometimes downright bastards? It's like they think the profession makes the person and therefore everything they do is good, instead of this person entering this profession and therefore can be a wolf in white/blue clothing.

One thing that I keep thinking about that burns me up, is the fact that the doctor who did my mom's C-section was a complete IDIOT and had no idea what he was doing, he would be reading books on how to perform surgical procedures WHILE HE DID IT, and in fact killed a lot of his patients through his stupidity; but no action was ever taken against him because everybody who had the power to do something about him said 'oh he's a doctor so he's a good man and he wouldn't do anything wrong'. Forget Tiller, somebody should've shot him.

And it's nothing specific that they have no business being in the work that they are, it's just that there are bad people in every profession so you shouldn't look at their uniform and say 'oh yeah, they're good people'. And, it's not always while they're at work either. I remember when MSNBC used to show the To Catch a Predator, the pedophile stings, they caught everybody: men from all walks of life, every profession imaginable, they even caught a Rabbi looking to have sex with a 12 year old boy, and a cop who brought 5 guns and 600 rounds of ammo to meet and have sex with a 13 year old. Now would anybody dare look at that guy after that fact and say 'he's a police officer so he's a good guy, he wouldn't do anything wrong'?

It just blows my mind how people will willingly blind themselves to see only a uniform, a badge, a white coat, a clerical collar, etc., and nothing more, not real people capable of being downright bastards and psychopaths.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Rant Re: People who think a profession makes somebody a good person

Post by wants2laugh Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:28 pm

true... respect the person, not the profession or uniform.

but i find that it's ppl's responsibility to check on things before utilizing some professions. With doctors, I ask friends/neighbors, and check with hospitals to find the best. Same with lawyers, churches, schools... ppl need to research in order to protect themselves. Can u protect urself from an asshole cop on a power trip? no. but that does not mean that when i call 911 for something important, that the guy who comes to get the rapist off of me is going to be an asshole and stand there watching, letting it happen. So i dont judge either way.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:10 pm

I agree. It is a strange thing that so many are guilty of. I have been guilty of it myself.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:16 pm

RedBedroom wrote:I agree. It is a strange thing that so many are guilty of. I have been guilty of it myself.

We all have, we're taught as kids to show respect to people in uniform: soldiers, police, etc., then we grow up and we find out just because they wear a uniform doesn't mean they're a good person, and sometimes just because they wear a uniform doesn't mean they actually ARE what they're supposed to be either, more than once women have been stopped by men in uniform only posing as cops, some even go to lengths of buying police cars at auctions to make themselves look more genuine.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:32 pm

Supernova wrote:

We all have, we're taught as kids to show respect to people in uniform: soldiers, police, etc., then we grow up and we find out just because they wear a uniform doesn't mean they're a good person, and sometimes just because they wear a uniform doesn't mean they actually ARE what they're supposed to be either, more than once women have been stopped by men in uniform only posing as cops, some even go to lengths of buying police cars at auctions to make themselves look more genuine.

My biggest mistake with this certainly does not include police. Kinda off topic, but I had a friend with a police father. I do not know at all why, but the guy hated me. I never did anything sassy at his house, but he just hated me. I would literally have to leave when he would be coming home. One time, he came home unexpectedly and said, "Why is THAT here?" Sure wish I knew why he hated me so much. Thinking about it as an adult, I think he must have had someone I reminded him of or something.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 pm

There was a time that doctors were the shaman and no one would question them except another doctor. Ppl went to the doctor and believed HE was the final authority on what ailed them.

Except for those few misfits - the ones who didn't even go to doctors and healed themselves with herbs.

I have seen doctors fuck up enuf, make misdiagnoses and have temper tantrums as if they were god being challenged. Helps to work in nursing - gives you an inside view.

Police? They keep telling us that there are a few corrupt ones, but IDK. Looks like there may be a few honest conscientous ones and the rest are the ones that are always making the news. Again, saw that from the inside. Pigs have as much or more prejudice as the general population and that does not go away when they put on the uniform. I was a conscientous cop. I only lasted a year on the department.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:40 pm

People who choose those professions have a certain moral code to uphold when they take those jobs, and most of them do. Certain ones don't and it's a shock when it happens, but it's not total disaster. It's foolish to say I would never trust a doctor's opinion or a priest because of a few bad apples. You analyze the individual.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:59 am