CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Marc™
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
8 posters

The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster? Empty The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster?

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 12:08 am

Now that I am in my 30's, I am blown away at how fast the weeks seem to pass. It makes me pretty sad. I find that lately, I am preoccupied with how to make things seem to "last longer"...like when my son and I go to the bb court, we walk a lot vs. drive. And when at night, I make him read out loud, I increased the time he has to do it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster? Empty Re: The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 06, 2011 12:13 am

I guess it depends on my mood and what I'm looking forward to that week....if anything at all. This past week seemed to pass faster than usual but I've felt like the weeks have been dragging by a lot lately. Ironically enough though, the years seem to fly.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster? Empty Re: The older you get, do the weeks seem to pass faster?

Post by Marc™ Fri May 06, 2011 12:57 am

Yes. The weeks zoom by now. Seriously, it was just Sunday....now it's Friday again.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 12:58 am

Marc™ wrote:Yes. The weeks zoom by now. Seriously, it was just Sunday....now it's Friday again.

I feel the same way almost every week.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 06, 2011 1:10 am

Wait until your sixth decade. The years go by without your realizing.

Especially if you write things, pick them up to read and it seems you just wrote it recently but notice the date is 3 or 4 years ago.

There is a reason for this. When young almost everything you do is new. Like a little computer your brain is taking down all this new info and recording it. Lots of work and it seems like a lot of input.

But, as you get older, most of that new info is seen again and again - it ain't new, so just like a computer it does not refresh the whole page. It skips over the things it has already downloaded - not so much coming in so it goes by faster and you don't even realize how much time has gone by because all the old info doesn't have any impact on your life.

I need to take a trip to a new place to slow down time. When traveling I noticed a few weeks on the road seemed like a year because there was so much new info coming in every day.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 1:15 am

Shale, that is a totally awesome and cool reasoning behind it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 06, 2011 1:27 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, that is a totally awesome and cool reasoning behind it.
    It was actually explained like that in an AARP magazine article.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 1:46 am

The whole damn year is zipping by like that. It's been like that ever since we got out of school because when you're in school 5 days a week the minutes, let alone the days, just draaaaaaaaaaaag on by, and then we're out of school and everything is zip zip zip.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 1:49 am

Supernova wrote:The whole damn year is zipping by like that. It's been like that ever since we got out of school because when you're in school 5 days a week the minutes, let alone the days, just draaaaaaaaaaaag on by, and then we're out of school and everything is zip zip zip.

for me it was 7th grade that was the first that went by faster than all the rest. Now that I am an adult, once my son began school, years zip.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri May 06, 2011 1:52 am

Weeks? How about months, I can't believe it's already May. Next week it'll be the dead of July. Sleep in a few more days after that, and it'll be back to school season.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 am

Impact wrote:Weeks? How about months, I can't believe it's already May. Next week it'll be the dead of July. Sleep in a few more days after that, and it'll be back to school season.

yep.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri May 06, 2011 8:06 am

Definitely. It's especially true when I'm not doing anything in particular. Like if I have the week off, and am just relaxing at home. You blink and miss Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. All that you remember is Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 06, 2011 9:47 pm

Yes

And you run, and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
    Racing around to come up behind you again
    The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older
    Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Shale's reason seems very rational that isn't the real reason. When you're a little kid you want to be older. You want to eat table food, stay up later, be able to stay home by yourself, get your driver's licence, move out. So you've built up an incredible amount of cosmic momentum by the time you reach your early 20s but Mother Nature has fooled you. There's no way to slow down. You were just in your prime at 22 and next day you're turning 30. In a little while you begin to notice more aches and pains then you had when you were 19. That's because you're 40. When did that happen? You keep picking up speed and next thing you know you're in the middle of middle age and people have been calling you "sir" and "ma'am". Next stop, 50 and your life resembles the time travel scenes from The Time Machine. Old age is just a cosmic joke.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:53 am