CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Tony Marino
Suzi
Shale
Supernova
Chris
Nystyle709
captainbryce
Marc™
12 posters

When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older? Empty When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older?

Post by Marc™ Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 am

When you were under the age of 18 or 21, were you ever mistaken for being older....and did you ever get away with doing/buying things that were age-restricted? When I was 14-15, I bought an X-rated tape from the gas station. The guy behind the counter asked me what year I was born, and I remember saying "1976". Rather than check ID, the idiot takes out a calculator, adds up the years, saw that it equaled out to 18 and went ahead and sold it to me.
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older? Empty Re: When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older?

Post by captainbryce Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:49 am

No. I've never passed for "older" than I was. I've always been mistaken for "younger" and in many cases much younger. When I was a kid, I was usually either the smallest or one of the smallest kids in the class. When I was 12 I looked 9 and when I was 16 I looked 12. I still get carded for trying to buy alcohol and I'm over 30 now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older? Empty Re: When You Under Age, Did You Ever Pass For Older?

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am

Yeah....I could look older if I wanted to. But now that I'm older, I look younger than I am and I don't even try. I still get carded.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:05 am

Yes, because of my height; I was already 6' by the time I was fifteen. Tall kids throw tend to throw people for a loop.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 am

Since I was 10. Now it's backwards because when I go to get tickets, I get carded by every new guy working there. Last one was a guy in his 50s, when he saw I was 22 he said 'you don't look that old'. I know it's their job to card everybody who looks under a certain age but nobody ever explicitly said I didn't look old enough before.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 am

IDK if I passed for older or if ppl just didn't care in the early '60s but at 16 or 17 I bought a ticket to a burlesque show in downtown St. Louis and bought beer in the club car of the City of New Orleans train. Nobody asked my age.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:22 am

I never tried to buy booze but I was passing for 18 when I was 14 and buying smokes. Funny that, because A couple of times when I had young kids salesmen would come to the door and ask for my mother. Dumb me I was so shocked that I admitted that I was the lady of the house. Shoulda told them mommy was at the store.

Last edited by Suzi on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am

Not that I can remember.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Nope. I was still being carded up until about 2 years ago.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Suzi wrote:I never tried to buy booze but I was passing for 18 when I was 14 and buying smokes. Funny that, because A couple of times when I had young kids salesmen would come to the door and ask for my mother. Dumb me I was so shocked that I admitted that I was the lady of the house. Shoulda told them mommy was at the store.

Sounds like my mom, she had her first kid at 19, the next one at 20, and when she took them to the store and stuff, people thought she was the 13 year old babysitter.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:46 pm

I been shaving since I was in my early teens and when I didn't I could easily pass for about 19. I got into a few R rated movies when I was 15 and 16 w/o a "guardian" but that's about it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:50 pm

Yes. Never was carded.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:55 pm

Yes and yes, there were times. But it did take a little extra effort on my part.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 pm