CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Forgiveness Man
DanaShelbyChancey
Supernova
7 posters

16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire Empty 16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 3:51 pm

This was plastered all over the front page today:

http://newsok.com/midwest-city-teen-accused-of-killing-grandparents-had-previous-legal-troubles-records-show/article/3559695

But what the report here does not mention that the newspaper did was that he also killed their dog with the machete and set it on fire as well.

Now, I know this is no place to get into a debate on capital punishment, but this kid butchered his grandparents and pet with a machete, invited friends over to see it, and then set them on fire, does anybody REALLY think he's going to care if he spends the rest of his life in prison? This is one I'd vote for a firing squad to shoot him at sunrise. Save the taxpayers the money and keep the guards and other inmates that much safer.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire Empty Re: 16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Fri May 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Who I laugh at are the people who say, he should spend his life in prison, to "think about what he has done".

As you say, I don't think he cares, or will ever regret it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire Empty Re: 16-year-old boy hacks grandparents to death with machete, sets bodies on fire

Post by Supernova Fri May 06, 2011 4:31 pm

And then there are people who say he should NOT be executed because he's clearly mentally unstable. I've never gotten this one because if they're insane, they're not going to know or care they're going to be executed either, so why not do it? Especially in this case, he is bigger than the cops who hauled him out, are we really supposed to believe once he's in jail or institutionalized if they DO go with the insanity defense that he's going to be a gentle giant? I don't.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Fri May 06, 2011 5:24 pm

Just think: he is going to get a lawyer who is going to fight to have him tried as a juvenile, so he gets 3 months in juvy or something.

Even if it doesn't work out that way, it is going to make me nuts when they try it. I don't want to find out about it.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri May 06, 2011 5:25 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:Who I laugh at are the people who say, he should spend his life in prison, to "think about what he has done".

As you say, I don't think he cares, or will ever regret it.
    I'm sure he'd love to think about it and relive it over and over again.

Criminal Minds may be farfetched in the success rate of catching these crooks, but in terms of how sick a psycho can be, definitely not.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Eliminate him, just another psycho taking up space and using our tax dollars.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 06, 2011 7:33 pm

Sick, but I'm not surprised people are that vile. Menendez brothers anyone?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 06, 2011 11:39 pm

This reminds me in a slight way about a boy, Alex, in our high school, which was small, who killed his grandparents. The night it happened, all the class presidents and vice presidents were up late into the night doing a tally of a fund raiser they did. It was a survey that students paid a buck or two to be part of that would tell you who you were most compatible with in the high school. A HUGE amount of the students were "compatible" with Alex. So, those results were delivered the same day that the news was around that he had killed the grandparents he lived with. Keep in mind, this was before texting, Internet and all that instant news type sources. So, when they had all these results, nobody knew what had happened. It was strange. And, yes, Alex was on my list.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat May 07, 2011 1:51 am

What disturbing stories!!! The sad thing is, I'm sure there were a ton of warning signs and no one really did anything.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue May 10, 2011 9:57 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:What disturbing stories!!! The sad thing is, I'm sure there were a ton of warning signs and no one really did anything.

But think about it, if you tried to do something, no one would listen, because you can't lock someone up because they will probably do something horrible someday.

It is maddening. There really should be something but I don't know what. Everyone wants everyone to mind their own business. Maybe these grandparents would have fought it, if someone suggested intervention for this kid. You never know.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 3:27 am