CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
Nhaiyel
Marc™
Nystyle709
8 posters

9th anniversary of her death

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

9th anniversary of her death Empty Aaliyah

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:23 pm

Damn, it's been nine years already since she passed away. I'm surprised at how I still can't believe that she's gone. RIP Babygirl.....

So....where were you when you found out about her passing?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

9th anniversary of her death Empty Re: 9th anniversary of her death

Post by Marc™ Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:21 pm

I found out online. I read about it on one of the music boards....at first I didn't believe it because it was being talked about like a random rumor, but the more I kept reading, the more this gossip started becoming more and more absolute. Turned on the radio and the deejays were talking about it. I got a spontaneous IM from MizNastyJ (remember her?), all she said was "OMG!" My response was "I know..."

It's really depressing to think about....especially since her death could have been SO avoidable. I'm still irritated that the group disregarded the pilots assertion that they had too much luggage and insisted that it all be loaded. Man....if I'm flying and the pilot says there's too much baggage and that it could have an effect on the aviation, I'm not arguing.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:34 pm

9th anniversary of her death Aaliyah
    9th anniversary of her death Doves

:::::::::: Listening to One In a Million as I type ::::::::::

I heard about it the very next morning. I was awaken by a friend who called me to ask if I was ok, I had no idea what she was talking about. When she broke it down, I was just stunned, but it was as if I had detached and went on this sort of mental autopilot. Taking it in, but not letting it fully register. So initially I had an austere calmness about the whole thing, just wanting to know what happened. The more we spoke, however, the more it began to seep in. My girlfriend heard my change in tone and started asking me if I was alright. Finally I couldn't talk anymore, and the conversation came to abrupt end while I just broke down.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 am

I was driving home from work at night, and noticed an Aaliyah song playing on multiple stations. I thought that was weird, but didn't too much read into it. When I got home, I hoped online and there the news was. My jaw dropped.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

Marc wrote:

I found out online. I read about it on one of the music boards....at first I didn't believe it because it was being talked about like a random rumor, but the more I kept reading, the more this gossip started becoming more and more absolute. Turned on the radio and the deejays were talking about it. I got a spontaneous IM from MizNastyJ (remember her?), all she said was "OMG!" My response was "I know..."

I found out online too. I remember I went to bed MAD early on that Saturday, like at 7 pm, I dunno....I just felt like going to sleep. And I had the ringer on the phone off so I wouldn't be disturbed. So since I went to bed early, of course, I woke up early...like 7 am and I immediately got online to check my e-mail and the boards like I always did when I first got up. Remember RRusso2291? I used to chat and e-mail with him all the time and he sent me this long ass e-mail about how it's tragic Aaliyah isn't with us anymore and how did I feel about it. And I was just reading it like 'what the hell is he talking about?'. I then I just got this sinking feeling after reading that. Get on the boards and the story is there. Look it up on the news websites and it's there. Turn on the TV...MTV news, BET and it's there. Jaw DROPPED. And then as if on cue, when I turned my ringer back on, not even 5 mins after I turn it on, my phone is ringing. And it was one of my friends calling me to tell me she's been calling me all damn night and did I hear about Aaliyah. She gave me some more details and I was just stuck. Mom left early and came back around 11 that morning and asked me if I heard what happened. I couldn't even answer.

It's really depressing to think about....especially since her death could have been SO avoidable. I'm still irritated that the group disregarded the pilots assertion that they had too much luggage and insisted that it all be loaded. Man....if I'm flying and the pilot says there's too much baggage and that it could have an effect on the aviation, I'm not arguing.

My sentiments exactly Marc. This didn't have to happen. Everybody wants to blame the pilot for what happened because he wasn't authorized to fly or they found coke in his system or whatever but the amount was so miniscule, it didn't even factor in the crash. If he was able to make it down to the Bahamas safe and sound, what were the chances that he wouldn't have made it back the same way if the plane wasn't overloaded? This wasn't his fault. And add the fact that they weren't even supposed to leave that damn day. I think Aaliyah just wanted to get back to Damon's crummy ass so bad. . Nine years later.....still speechless. And my grandmother (RIP to her as well) passed way on the exact same date...August 25....in 1998.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:57 am

RIP Aaliyah gone too young and too soon.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:07 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
    9th anniversary of her death Aaliyah
    9th anniversary of her death Doves

:::::::::: Listening to One In a Million as I type ::::::::::

I heard about it the very next morning. I was awaken by a friend who called me to ask if I was ok, I had no idea what she was talking about. When she broke it down, I was just stunned, but it was as if I had detached and went on this sort of mental autopilot. Taking it in, but not letting it fully register. So initially I had an austere calmness about the whole thing, just wanting to know what happened. The more we spoke, however, the more it began to seep in. My girlfriend heard my change in tone and started asking me if I was alright. Finally I couldn't talk anymore, and the conversation came to abrupt end while I just broke down.

Know what, when I was online and found out about it....I immediately thought of you Nhaiyel. You and Cloudweaver. You guys were such colossal Aaliyah fans....I know it prob. impacted you more than anybody.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:32 pm

This might sound critical but I really don't like that ROCK THE BOAT song and she died making a video for it. That leaves me feeling cold.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:59 pm

^ I totally agree with you. RTB is one of my least favorite songs by Aaliyah and it still messes with me that she died making a video to this song I didn't/don't care for.

On a more stabilizing (but still somber) note, I think I heard that the medical examiner later discovered that she had a weak heart and concluded that even if she hadn't died how and when she did, that she may not have lived too much longer anyway. sad
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:41 pm

co-signs with both of you. I never liked RTB either. I don't understand why she didn't just release "More Than A Woman" since she already had that video in the bag. Or if they wanted to go the softer route, made a video for "I Care 4 You" instead. But Blackground never did know how to promote her. And in reference to her weak heart, the coroner said that she wouldn't have lived had she survived the initial crash. One of the people survived the initial crash, but succumb to his injuries.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:55 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    I found out online too. I remember I went to bed MAD early on that Saturday, like at 7 pm, I dunno....I just felt like going to sleep. And I had the ringer on the phone off so I wouldn't be disturbed. So since I went to bed early, of course, I woke up early...like 7 am and I immediately got online to check my e-mail and the boards like I always did when I first got up. Remember RRusso2291? I used to chat and e-mail with him all the time and he sent me this long ass e-mail about how it's tragic Aaliyah isn't with us anymore and how did I feel about it. And I was just reading it like 'what the hell is he talking about?'. I then I just got this sinking feeling after reading that. Get on the boards and the story is there. Look it up on the news websites and it's there. Turn on the TV...MTV news, BET and it's there. Jaw DROPPED. And then as if on cue, when I turned my ringer back on, not even 5 mins after I turn it on, my phone is ringing. And it was one of my friends calling me to tell me she's been calling me all damn night and did I hear about Aaliyah. She gave me some more details and I was just stuck. Mom left early and came back around 11 that morning and asked me if I heard what happened. I couldn't even answer.

My sentiments exactly Marc. This didn't have to happen. Everybody wants to blame the pilot for what happened because he wasn't authorized to fly or they found coke in his system or whatever but the amount was so miniscule, it didn't even factor in the crash. If he was able to make it down to the Bahamas safe and sound, what were the chances that he wouldn't have made it back the same way if the plane wasn't overloaded? This wasn't his fault. And add the fact that they weren't even supposed to leave that damn day. I think Aaliyah just wanted to get back to Damon's crummy ass so bad. . Nine years later.....still speechless. And my grandmother (RIP to her as well) passed way on the exact same date...August 25....in 1998.

I think it was at the old Chamber board where some people were actually trying to put the blame on the pilot for being a drug addict.

Please.

His Coke habit didn't have any affect on the planes engine problem.

The circumstances behind her death were so ridiculous. Didn't they say that the plane was overloaded by 800 pounds? 800 damn pounds??? I wish the pilot would have been like 'fuck the whole lot of you, find another airline' when they insisted that all of their junk be boarded. That just bothers me....again, why would anyone be SO thick to argue with a pilot over a potential safety issue? Ugh. But I guess it's silly to throw stones now, they paid for their insistence.

That was an eerie period though. Aaliyah's death was like the opening act for 9/11 three weeks later.
    ThePayback
    ThePayback
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

9th anniversary of her death Empty 9th anniversary of her death

Post by ThePayback Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:09 pm

I was at a camp when this went down. I heard about the plane being over loaded as well. Sad she had to go so young.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:01 am