CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Hyacinth Girl
Tony Marino
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
RobbieFTW
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
12 posters

Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet? Empty Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet?

Post by Chris Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 am

If so, would you be in favor of it?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet? Empty Re: Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet?

Post by Cheaps Fri May 20, 2011 8:05 am

i hope not
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet? Empty Re: Do you anticipate TV being phased out for the Internet?

Post by CeCe Fri May 20, 2011 9:08 am

.:TwI$Ted*EleGanCe:. wrote:i hope not

Me either. Don't think it will but I do believe we will see more streaming to the tv in the future.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri May 20, 2011 9:29 am

CeCe wrote:
    .:TwI$Ted*EleGanCe:. wrote:i hope not

Me either. Don't think it will but I do believe we will see more streaming to the tv in the future.

I think so too. "On Demand" is cables answer to the internet.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri May 20, 2011 10:27 am

Chris wrote:If so, would you be in favor of it?

No, I watch on the computer what I can't see on TV but I would like to see it BACK on TV.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 20, 2011 10:53 am

I think the internet will devour TV like cell phones devoured mp3 players. It's just inevitable.

I already watch most of my stuff via Netflix, which is ad-free.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 20, 2011 12:02 pm

Isn't it really the same thing? You can stream from your computer to your TV and other than Netflix and other apps TV broadcast comes from your cable company so I don't really see the difference. I can't see people that have 56" tv's sitting in front of a 21" monitor just to watch television.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Fri May 20, 2011 12:24 pm

I would actually be completely fine without a TV in my house at all--get rid of it and it's cable bill. I work nights, and rarely if ever watch it, but my family members can't do without.

Most of what's on for programs anyway is 900 channels of useless junk, and I find that there's so much more I've found to do than to watch TV, other than a quick glance at the Weather Channel.

I do think that TV will not necessarily be phased out, but "merged" entirely with computer systems so that you really can't tell one from the other. I think that technology is great, but also that sometimes it gets carried away and you have no choice but to "convert". I grew up on 8-track tapes and having to get up off your butt and manually change the tuner dial on the TV if you wanted to "channel surf", and while technological convenience is great, it also comes with a price--no one talks anymore, they just text the person sitting next to them, and live in a reality show TV world, regardless of whether or not they watch on a TV or the computer.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 20, 2011 12:26 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:I would actually be completely fine without a TV in my house at all--get rid of it and it's cable bill. I work nights, and rarely if ever watch it, but my family members can't do without.

Most of what's on for programs anyway is 900 channels of useless junk, and I find that there's so much more I've found to do than to watch TV, other than a quick glance at the Weather Channel.

I do think that TV will not necessarily be phased out, but "merged" entirely with computer systems so that you really can't tell one from the other. I think that technology is great, but also that sometimes it gets carried away and you have no choice but to "convert". I grew up on 8-track tapes and having to get up off your butt and manually change the tuner dial on the TV if you wanted to "channel surf", and while technological convenience is great, it also comes with a price--no one talks anymore, they just text the person sitting next to them, and live in a reality show TV world, regardless of whether or not they watch on a TV or the computer.

RIGHT ON!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 20, 2011 6:43 pm

I don't think it would be completely phased out, perhaps get merged with the internet. I wouldn't like to see it phased out though.....even though I hardly ever watch it. I'm waiting for TV to get back to having great sitcoms and shit on there worth watching again. I feel sorry for these kids coming up today.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 20, 2011 10:25 pm

No, I need my TV! I can't sit at my computer desk if I wanted to watch a TV show - do you know how uncomfortable that is!? I need my LazyBoy!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 20, 2011 10:46 pm

TV is unfiltered and riddled with ads. And it's an extra fee. With a smaller internet fee, anything is pretty much possible.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri May 20, 2011 10:50 pm

Most likely. The internet permeates and eventually swallows about every field of entertainment....and with networks streaming shows on their websites, it's only a matter of time before broadcasting moves online.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun May 22, 2011 10:38 pm

I don't think TV broadcasting will end, but I do think it will change a lot over the coming years due to the Internet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:57 am