CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom   Empty Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

A 12-year-old Dallas student was bound to a chair with duct tape and beaten by four classmates as a substitute teacher stood and ignored the attack, according to the victim's mom.

The Dallas school district is investigating the charges made by Keneshia Richardson, who claims the attackers wrapped tape around her son's mouth to keep him from shouting.

"It was uncalled for," Richardson told The Dallas Morning News, adding her son had trouble breathing.

The woman said his hands were taped to the chair, he was wrapped with a telephone cord, and the attackers knocked him to the ground. The boy's shirt was torn as well, she claimed.

The Monday attack remained under investigation Thursday, although disciplinary action is pending against the students and the substitute.

The teacher was additionally removed from the list of approved district substitutes, said Dallas Independent School District spokesman John Dahlander.

Richardson said her son was apparently targeted because he's in remedial classes, although Dahlander said school officials had heard a different version of the story.

"That's not quite the way that the incident has been described," Dahlander said. "In any event, it is under investigation."

But Richardson said the teacher never intervened - and her son was finally rescued by a girl in his class who scared the attackers away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/05/19/2011-05-19_dallas_student_12_ducttaped_to_chair_and_beaten_by_classmates_while_teacher_igno.html

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom   Empty Re: Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom

Post by Supernova Fri May 20, 2011 5:19 pm

And people wonder why homeschooling becomes a more popular idea every year.

If the story's true, then I think the teacher AND all those students need a horse whipping, with a real horse.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom   Empty Re: Dallas student, 12, duct-taped to chair and beaten by classmates while teacher ignored attack: mom

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 20, 2011 9:34 pm

If it's true then heads need to roll. If it's true.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 20, 2011 9:39 pm

This is despicable. To me, these children are the real perpetrators of violence, not the children with the guns. I hope these bullies are punished harshly and that the substitute is banned from teaching in any school again. Kids need good teachers, not a bunch of pussies.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 20, 2011 9:42 pm

alan smithee wrote:If it's true then heads need to roll. If it's true.

These are just the kind of comments that make people minimize bullying everyday.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 21, 2011 1:40 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:
    alan smithee wrote:If it's true then heads need to roll. If it's true.

These are just the kind of comments that make people minimize bullying everyday.

Ah, no. These are the kind of comments I make when I don't have a knee jerk reaction to one side of a story. It's based on the quote, "That's not quite the way that the incident has been described," Dahlander said. "In any event, it is under investigation." This investigation may in fact support the allegations in which case I said, "Heads need to roll." People shouldn't be convicted just because they're accused.

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat May 21, 2011 10:52 am

alan smithee wrote:
    MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:

Ah, no. These are the kind of comments I make when I don't have a knee jerk reaction to one side of a story. It's based on the quote, "That's not quite the way that the incident has been described," Dahlander said. "In any event, it is under investigation." This investigation may in fact support the allegations in which case I said, "Heads need to roll." People shouldn't be convicted just because they're accused.

How dare you inject a voice of reason into a forum board discussion! Razz

And as for that comment about the teacher being a pussy, how about the student that made the bullies back off.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat May 21, 2011 12:40 pm

Shale wrote:
    How dare you inject a voice of reason into a forum board discussion! Razz

I know. It's something I've tried to work on but it's a habit I just can't seem to break Shrugs (Oh well…)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:43 am