CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Janet

SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Janet Empty Janet

Post by SkwirtB Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:48 am

I'm a huuuuuuuuuuge Janet Jackson fan and it's been painful for me to see her struggle these last few years. Her 2008 album DISCIPLINE didn't do so well but she's got a brand new album coming out this year! Think it'll do well? I hope so!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Janet Empty Re: Janet

Post by Chris Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:38 am

I'm a fan, but at this point I think she should just concentrate on making good, solid music. From there, maybe luck will fall into her lap with it commercially. At this point, though, she (nor do any of her contemporaries) doesn't need to be trying to chase a hit. She may not ever have another one and that's fine, I mean look at how many she's had.
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by JADACITY Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 am

I think she can and will. She hit a real dry spell but will come out of it. People are loving her latest song MAKE ME. If she can keep on making music as good as it, her next CD I think will finally be the one that starts to pave her way back.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:17 am

JADACITY wrote:I think she can and will. She hit a real dry spell but will come out of it. People are loving her latest song MAKE ME. If she can keep on making music as good as it, her next CD I think will finally be the one that starts to pave her way back.

I'm not feeling "Make Me" at all. It's too erratic and hard to listen to IMO.

I don't really know what it'll take at this point to resuscitate her music career. On one hand, people say she needs to do something new...but when she does, people then turn around and try to get her to repeat her greatest moments. At this point in her game, there are too many conflicting opinions about how she should continue on, so I guess the only logical thing for her to do would be to do whatever she wants to do . Commercial success be damned.

I do love Janet's music however, I think she's had a good run and if she never created another musical masterpiece again, she will still have several to her name.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male

Post by SkwirtB Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:01 am

Well I'm trying to be optimistic! lol
    I think she's been at a creative crossroads for the past 5-10 years, but I have a feeling that the next album is going to put her back on track. Between her returning to her original A&M Records label, the death of MJ probably inspiring something deep creatively, ditching JD & finding a new groove with Darkchild...something is telling me that what's coming next WILL be more solid than her post VR work. I love "Make Me". It was vintage high energy Janet!
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:40 am

The problem with Janet, IMO, is that she's simply burned out. She's played the whole 'sexpot' thing to death and her music doesn't stand out anymore. Her whole presentation is dated and not interesting anymore. She needs to put her clothes back on, stop playing that "look at me, I'm sexy" card, quit having an army of backup dancers behind her, and reinvigorate her sound. I don't think that the public is that much against her so much as people are bored with her tired schtick.
    SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male

Janet Empty Janet

Post by SkwirtB Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:58 pm

stavdash wrote:The problem with Janet, IMO, is that she's simply burned out. She's played the whole 'sexpot' thing to death and her music doesn't stand out anymore. Her whole presentation is dated and not interesting anymore. She needs to put her clothes back on, stop playing that "look at me, I'm sexy" card, quit having an army of backup dancers behind her, and reinvigorate her sound. I don't think that the public is that much against her so much as people are bored with her tired schtick.

i agree, however i like her backup dancers. the sexy thing though needs to be greatly tempered but i guess i can understand it. janet is one of those people who has to work extra hard to keep the pounds off in order to keep looking fit. i guess when she's thin, she feels sexier and wants to show it off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:30 am