CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Marc™
Tony Marino
8 posters

Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying? Empty Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying?

Post by Tony Marino Mon May 23, 2011 1:33 pm

Its probably one of the hardest things to do, knowing that you are probably not going to see them alive ever again. If you have had or have a relative or friend that you knew you were not going to see alive again what did you or would you say to them?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying? Empty Re: Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying?

Post by Marc™ Mon May 23, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't do well in situations like that, selfish as it sounds. When my grandmother was dying I talked to my father on the phone and he said that her time was running out and that I better come see her if I wanted to see her again alive....but I never did. Years ago when my dog was sick and the vet recommended he be put down....my mother called me at work and said she was going to take him on in. She asked me if I wanted her to wait until I got home before she took him, so that I could have a "goodbye" moment, and I told her no. When I got home that night, he was just gone.

I can't say goodbye.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying? Empty Re: Have you ever had to say Goodbye to someone who is Dying?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm

I've been lucky enough not to.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon May 23, 2011 3:02 pm

I had to say goodbye to Mom. Hardest thing ever. The hospice people told us that we had to let her know that it was ok to go. I get teary five years later, just typing that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon May 23, 2011 3:12 pm

My wife died of a progressive illness and in our time together that last year we talked of many things in our shared past.

The last time I saw her, we both knew somehow it was the last and there wasn't much talking - just sat together looking at each other.

I have had many friends die of AIDS but only one was I there at the end, holding his hand as life left him. We weren't talking.

Personally, I don't think words are necessary at those times. Closeness is more physical and perhaps spiritual.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon May 23, 2011 4:48 pm

I had to say good-bye to a client I worked with but in this case, death was more of a release and was something she'd wanted for years.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon May 23, 2011 4:54 pm

No. Thus far all of the deaths of people particularly close to me have happened rather suddenly. Even if they were sick, and we could tell that they weren't going to get well, we didn't anticipate them going the moment they did.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Yes, I have. I just talked to them like I normally would.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:44 pm