CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
MandyPerfumeGirl
Supernova
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
Chris
9 posters

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses. Empty Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses.

Post by Chris Tue May 24, 2011 7:16 am

What's your opinion of anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses to push the point? Do you think that this should even be legal?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses. Empty Re: Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses.

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 9:36 am

I say it's fair game. Why should it be illegal? I don't see it as any different than if we showed the inside of concentration camps to convince people why the holocaust was evil. If there's absolutely nothing wrong with abortion, than there should be no issues with people showing the images of what it's all about. It's just another gross looking medical picture no different than showing somebody's insides, right? If it isn't a human person, then what's the problem? Just seems to me that people don't want to see the images, and would even SUGGEST outlawing showing them, because they don't want people to see what's really going on.

So no, they should be allowed to use the images all they want. And if people got a problem with it, tough tamales. You don't have to look. And if you're really so confident that abortion is right and moral, you wouldn't be reluctant to look. It's just tissue afterall, right? There's just no logical case of outlawing the pictures without actually conceding Pro-Abortion arguments.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses. Empty Re: Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses.

Post by Marc™ Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 am

I think it's a crass, desperate scare tactic....one that I doubt has any significant effect of people's decision to go ahead with the procedure. I also doubt the fetuses used in those pictures were even aborted. Probably late miscarriages/still births.

Last edited by Marc™ on Tue May 24, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 am

There's been a long debate on the question of if there's nothing wrong with abortions, why aren't they shown on TV? People show births and operations, very graphic operations sometimes on TV, so why not this if it's just another medical procedure?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:35 am

^^^^They can't show it on TV Supernova. They just can't. Wink

Marc™️ wrote:I think it's a crass, desperate scare tactic....
    Sure, that's why people get so upset about it. lol If it doesn't really have any effect on decision, people wouldn't have to talk about it like this.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 10:39 am

And I don't get how, if there's nothing wrong with it, seeing the results of their decision is a bad thing. Now there are some people who compare unborn babies to parasites and tumors so good riddance ( frustrated shake sense n2u ), well would you be opposed to seeing your tumor once it's removed and knowing the threat was gone?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 10:40 am

Supernova wrote:And I don't get how, if there's nothing wrong with it, seeing the results of their decision is a bad thing. Now there are some people who compare unborn babies to parasites and tumors so good riddance ( frustrated shake sense n2u ), well would you be opposed to seeing your tumor once it's removed and knowing the threat was gone?
    You wouldn't. You'd want people to see and be educated. The only reason you would want to discourage seeing is if you have something to hide.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 24, 2011 11:53 am

This is ridiculous. Anti-abortionists - as hard as it may be - need to respect other people's opinions and choices in their life. They really need to mind their own business. Abortion is legal in most states and after that it's the woman choice. Just typical anti-abortionists trying to get everybody to think like them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:This is ridiculous. Anti-abortionists - as hard as it may be - need to respect other people's opinions and choices in their life. They really need to mind their own business. Abortion is legal in most states and after that it's the woman choice. Just typical anti-abortionists trying to get everybody to think like them.

One could say the same thing about those fighting for gay marriage and who fought for slavery. They all tried to get everyone else to think like them. The "it's legal" defense is a copout. Slavery used to be legal; that didn't make it right or make it something that should not have been abolished. And when it comes to abortion, they don't need to respect somebody opinion and choice to kill another human being. It's not ridiculous. You want those who don't think like you to shut up and go away, so clearly your own views are at odds with themselves. Maybe Pro-Abortionists, as hard as it may be, need to respect other people's opinions and concerns about abortion.

If there's nothing wrong with abortion, then there's nothing wrong with showing the pictures of it.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue May 24, 2011 5:30 pm

Marc™ wrote:I think it's a crass, desperate scare tactic....one that I doubt has any significant effect of people's decision to go ahead with the procedure. I also doubt the fetuses used in those pictures were even aborted. Probably late miscarriages/still births.

Misrepresentation
    A considerable number
    of anti-abortion visuals feature an almost fully
    developed fetus. Abortions preformed at this stage
    via hysterotomy or D&X abortions are rare. Only
    about 1.5% of abortions are performed at 21-weeks
    or older, according to according to a 2000 study
    conducted by the Nation Center for Chronic Disease
    (CDC). A July 1992 LIFE magazine article, The
    Great Divide
    , reported that Reverend Robert
    Schenk, member of anti-choice coalition Operation
    rescue, attended a demonstration outside an abortion
    clinic in Buffalo, NY, with "Baby Tia", a 7-inch,
    gray-tinted and formaldehyde-soaked dead fetus.
    In the escalating madness of the crowd, the fetus
    was dropped onto the sneaker-trodden street. Authorities
    arrested Schenk and confiscated the fetus, which
    was taken to a coroner, only to be identified as
    an approximately 20-week-old stillborn. The article
    reads, "Many pro-choice supporters in Buffalo are
    angry about the distance between their reality-what
    they see in the clinics-and the images the anti-abortionists
    present as fact. 'What they are showing to the public
    is a lie,' says Joni Ladowski, a nurse at a nearby
    clinic, as she unfolds a length of gauze. In the
    center lies what appears to be a clot the size of
    a peanut. It is a fetus, nine weeks old. 'This
    is an abortion,' she says."

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses. Rev_schenk

The Truth About Anti-abortion Pictures of Alleged Aborted Fetuses
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue May 24, 2011 5:34 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:
    Marc™️ wrote:I think it's a crass, desperate scare tactic....one that I doubt has any significant effect of people's decision to go ahead with the procedure. I also doubt the fetuses used in those pictures were even aborted. Probably late miscarriages/still births.

Misrepresentation
    A considerable number
    of anti-abortion visuals feature an almost fully
    developed fetus. Abortions preformed at this stage
    via hysterotomy or D&X abortions are rare. Only
    about 1.5% of abortions are performed at 21-weeks
    or older, according to according to a 2000 study
    conducted by the Nation Center for Chronic Disease
    (CDC). A July 1992 LIFE magazine article, The
    Great Divide
    , reported that Reverend Robert
    Schenk, member of anti-choice coalition Operation
    rescue, attended a demonstration outside an abortion
    clinic in Buffalo, NY, with "Baby Tia", a 7-inch,
    gray-tinted and formaldehyde-soaked dead fetus.
    In the escalating madness of the crowd, the fetus
    was dropped onto the sneaker-trodden street. Authorities
    arrested Schenk and confiscated the fetus, which
    was taken to a coroner, only to be identified as
    an approximately 20-week-old stillborn. The article
    reads, "Many pro-choice supporters in Buffalo are
    angry about the distance between their reality-what
    they see in the clinics-and the images the anti-abortionists
    present as fact. 'What they are showing to the public
    is a lie,' says Joni Ladowski, a nurse at a nearby
    clinic, as she unfolds a length of gauze. In the
    center lies what appears to be a clot the size of
    a peanut. It is a fetus, nine weeks old. 'This
    is an abortion,' she says."

Anti-abortionists using images of dead fetuses. Rev_schenk

The Truth About Anti-abortion Pictures of Alleged Aborted Fetuses

Vomit That is definitely gross, but then this I think brings up another question, if a fetus at that point DOES look like 'a clot the size of a peanut', why would it upset women who want abortions to see a sonogram what they are terminating?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't care what size the human being is. The Pro-Lifers are NOT presenting a lie. They are presenting the truth and the fact that people don't want to see the images proves it. So the baby they kill is the size of a peanut. SO FREAKING WHAT! A human's a human. A small human corpse is still a human corpse. And 1.5% of abortions being performed at 21 weeks or older is still TOO HIGH! The article is the one that isn't rooted in reality. A murdered newborn is a lot smaller than a murdered adult. Does the size of the corpse now dictate whether or not a person should appalled at a murder?

The fact of the matter is that if abortion were really all it's cracked up to be by so-called "Pro-Choicers," they'd WANT the women to see the pictures. They want to hide the truth. So if you got a problem with seeing aborted babies, then maybe you got a problem with the procedure.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue May 24, 2011 5:53 pm

Abortion is killing something that would grow into a viable baby, but there are plenty of instances where killing is legal.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue May 24, 2011 5:56 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:Abortion is killing something that would grow into a viable baby, but there are plenty of instances where killing is legal.

Legality doesn't equal right. Abortionists hide under the "legality" guise yet many also support gay marriage, which is not currently legal. I don't see them stopping their fight because of what the law currently says.

When you see justice and the law not in agreement, you fight to change it. They did it with slavery, and now people are doing it with abortion.

Last edited by Forgiveness Man on Tue May 24, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue May 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Comparing the legality of abortion to institutionalized slavery is obtuse. Good luck with that. The right to an abortion became legal in 1973. That's 40 years almost, and in all that time anti-abortion zealots have been trying their hardest to get the clock rolled back to 1955, but it hasn't happened yet...and let's face it, it never will. Time rolls forward, not backwards.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Marc™ wrote:I think it's a crass, desperate scare tactic....one that I doubt has any significant effect of people's decision to go ahead with the procedure. I also doubt the fetuses used in those pictures were even aborted. Probably late miscarriages/still births.

For the most part.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Wed May 25, 2011 9:55 am

Allright, so the prolife movement could outlaw all abortion, for all reasons. Let's just say. I am 55 and it isn't a direct issue for me anymore.

What am I supposed to do until then? No one listens to me, no one ever asked me whether she should get an abortion. I doubt anyone would heed me if I told her not to get an abortion. What is parading up and down a sidewalk going to do? Let's get practical. What's in it for me?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:46 pm