CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Shale
RedBedroom
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Supernova
CeCe
Cheaps
Chris
12 posters

Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?  Empty Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?

Post by Chris Wed May 25, 2011 10:40 am

Do you enjoy going to the show, or would you rather wait for a movie to be released on DVD/cable so you can watch it at home?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?  Empty Re: Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?

Post by Cheaps Wed May 25, 2011 10:43 am

if its a movie i really wanna see, then i try to make it a point to see it in theatres.. others i can wait til dvd/cable.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?  Empty Re: Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?

Post by CeCe Wed May 25, 2011 10:45 am

Depends on the movie. Some are just made to be seen on the big screen. Now & then there are some I just can't wait for the DVD. But the cost these days makes me wait for the DVD for a lot of them. Even worse is that so many movies are in 3D or Real D these days making it more expensive.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed May 25, 2011 11:31 am

If I think it'll be a good one, I want to see it at the theater, if I think it'll be just okay or bleh or even bad, I'll see it on DVD. Though that's going to become a bit more of a challenge with the video store closing.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed May 25, 2011 11:42 am

If its a movie that I really want to see then I would much rather see it in the Theater.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed May 25, 2011 1:42 pm

cheaps wrote:if its a movie i really wanna see, then i try to make it a point to see it in theatres.. others i can wait til dvd/cable.
    co-signs
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed May 25, 2011 1:43 pm

I much rather see them at home, because I don't like the cost of the theater.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed May 25, 2011 2:53 pm

CeCe wrote:Depends on the movie. Some are just made to be seen on the big screen. Now & then there are some I just can't wait for the DVD. But the cost these days makes me wait for the DVD for a lot of them. Even worse is that so many movies are in 3D or Real D these days making it more expensive.

This is what I feel about some movies, such as Avatar or other with lots of action and sound. On those I advise ppl in my movie blurbs that they should see it on the BIG screen with the big Dolby surround sound.

I only go to matinees and it costs $7.50 so it is a cheap weekly outing for me. I avoid the 3-D movies (which cost $11) and so far this year there has been a 2-D version playing at our multi-screen Cinema. If there is no choice and it wasn't a have-to-see movie then I will wait until it comes out on DVD.

Otherwise I watch movies I missed or those that I particularly like again on DVD. I just upgraded to a bigger screen so I can see more at home.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed May 25, 2011 8:57 pm

cheaps wrote:if its a movie i really wanna see, then i try to make it a point to see it in theatres.. others i can wait til dvd/cable.

Would you rather see a movie at home or at a theater?  35166
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed May 25, 2011 9:17 pm

I love going to the movie theatre, but I seldom do because there's no piece of shit worth $8 of my money. It's all trash out now. I don't mind watching a movie at home, that's always nice and cozy.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 am

If I really want to see it, I'll go to a theatre but if I know it's coming to IMAX, I just use my pass and pay the extra $3.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu May 26, 2011 12:58 am

If there's something I wanna really see, then I don't wait. But I don't particularly like going to the movies just for recreation, so it needs to be something I'm really wanting to see. If studios allowed new releases to be viewed on cable Pay-Per-View, I'd do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:05 pm