CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
CeCe
Cheaps
TSJFan4Ever
RedBedroom
Marc™
10 posters

Testing Loyalty

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Testing Loyalty Empty Testing Loyalty

Post by Marc™ Fri May 27, 2011 2:15 am

Have you ever deliberately tested someone's loyalty to you to see if they could be trusted in the grand scheme of things? Do people have the right to do that?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Testing Loyalty Empty Re: Testing Loyalty

Post by RedBedroom Fri May 27, 2011 2:42 am

I can't think of a loyalty test...
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri May 27, 2011 2:45 am

No - I've never tested anyone loyalty. I guess it would depend on what it was that I was testing for
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri May 27, 2011 4:18 am

it wasn't for loyalty, but i did pretend to go along with something, that i was fearing my roommate was into, because i had my suspicions they were upto something.. soon as shit was about to go down i stopped it and was like what the fuck?!, we got into it pretty badly.

now ive heard both sides of people tellin me it was fucked up on my end, and the flip side... now to me i didnt really care what others thought, i got the answer, not necessarily the one i was hoping for, but my suspicions were right.

Last edited by cheaps on Fri May 27, 2011 2:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 27, 2011 9:38 am

Nope. Don't know if I've ever been tested or not but I'm one of the most loyal people around. So guess I'd pass but think it would piss me off.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri May 27, 2011 9:46 am

CeCe wrote:Nope. Don't know if I've ever been tested or not but I'm one of the most loyal people around. So guess I'd pass but think it would piss me off.
    Same here. I am a loyal friend, have even quit a job because a supervisor that I was loyal too got fucked over.

I do not test loyalty - just muddle along believing in it until it gets violated.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 27, 2011 1:57 pm

Marc™ wrote:Have you ever deliberately tested someone's loyalty to you to see if they could be trusted in the grand scheme of things? Do people have the right to do that?

I think loyalty and trust are closely linked. If someone thinks they have to test it, you've already got problems. Yeah, I would have a problem with a person who felt that they had to test me.

I don't know if any of you are familiar with the life of W.C. Fields and his long time mistress, Carlotta Monti. I heard the story that he would test her by leaving piles of $5 bills around. She knew about this and added to the piles to fuck with him. He would also pay private detectives to follow her around. She knew about this too and led them on long drives in the country, running up their bill. Despite all this, she was with him for the last 14 years of his life.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 27, 2011 3:03 pm

Yes I did to one person. I told a "friend" something that was totally untrue and very controversial about someone just to see if he would go back and tell that other person. I told no one else but this one friend. I told him it was very important to keep it to himself. Well a day later that other person came back to me and asked me why I said such a thing and I had to explain why I did what I did. I know it was a bit underhanded but I had to prove to myself what I had been denying, that I could not trust this friend with any kind of information at all.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Tony Marino wrote:Yes I did to one person. I told a "friend" something that was totally untrue and very controversial about someone just to see if he would go back and tell that other person. I told no one else but this one friend. I told him it was very important to keep it to himself. Well a day later that other person came back to me and asked me why I said such a thing and I had to explain why I did what I did. I know it was a bit underhanded but I had to prove to myself what I had been denying, that I could not trust this friend with any kind of information at all.

It's an awful feeling to find out a "friend" isn't much of one. But in the end it's good to know. You're better off for it even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. Because really, who needs someone like that in their life anyway?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri May 27, 2011 3:15 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Tony Marino wrote:Yes I did to one person. I told a "friend" something that was totally untrue and very controversial about someone just to see if he would go back and tell that other person. I told no one else but this one friend. I told him it was very important to keep it to himself. Well a day later that other person came back to me and asked me why I said such a thing and I had to explain why I did what I did. I know it was a bit underhanded but I had to prove to myself what I had been denying, that I could not trust this friend with any kind of information at all.

It's an awful feeling to find out a "friend" isn't much of one. But in the end it's good to know. You're better off for it even if it doesn't seem like it at the time. Because really, who needs someone like that in their life anyway?

Exactly if you can't trust someone in my opinion they have no value or place in your life at all!
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

Sometimes it's necessary to but for the most part it seems underhanded and distrusting to "test" loyalty. Plus it don't always work and they might not take THAT bait right then but it don't mean they can be trusted. I think fake people's true colors will show up eventually without tests.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Tony, did this "friend" spread the faux dirt to anyone else beside the "victim"? Did you have to release one of those emergency broadcast warnings, "This is only a test. If this had been an actual piece of gossip I would have told you myself."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 27, 2011 10:32 pm

femme fatale wrote:Sometimes it's necessary to but for the most part it seems underhanded and distrusting to "test" loyalty. Plus it don't always work and they might not take THAT bait right then but it don't mean they can be trusted. I think fake people's true colors will show up eventually without tests.

Testing Loyalty 35166

I don't think I've ever given a loyalty test.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:02 pm