CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
DanaShelbyChancey
Supernova
Chris
8 posters

Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers? Empty Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers?

Post by Chris Tue May 31, 2011 6:43 am

Do you think pain killers are over-prescribed?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers? Empty Re: Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers?

Post by Supernova Tue May 31, 2011 10:15 am

I think just about everything medicine related is over prescribed, and painkillers are no exception.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers? Empty Re: Do doctors over-prescribe pain killers?

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue May 31, 2011 10:28 am

They might be, but you should hear people carry on when they don't get all the painkillers they want. People who are in pain want painkillers, and they mean to have them.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue May 31, 2011 2:22 pm

There are some, but others are afraid to write a script for a narcotic pain med. Around here, a lot of people get referred to a pain management clinic.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue May 31, 2011 2:23 pm

No, I don't think they're overprescribed - doctors wouldn't prescribe them unless they were needed. People are always bitching about something, it never fails - if painkillers were underprescribed, people would be complaining about that too; and think of how much pain so many people would be in. It's effortless for people who are out of pain to complain that they are overprescribed - this is easy for contented people to say. As much as I hate doctors, they can't win either way with this issue.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue May 31, 2011 6:59 pm

I dunno. Chronic pain is a bitch and I know that a lot of people have that. If you need relief, you need relief. Perhaps they should find a way to make them less addictive. I know that oxycodone ain't no joke.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue May 31, 2011 7:20 pm

I think over prescription of antibiotics may cause more problems. The only prescription pain killer I can remember was something they gave me after I had 4 boney impacted wisdom teeth removed around 1973 and boy was I glad I had it!. My wife didn't want to take what ever scrip they gave her after she had a ligament in her elbow repaired because she could tolerate the pain better than the nausea the meds caused.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue May 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Probably, but I would rather they be over than under prescribed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:06 am