CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
2xy
Alan Smithee
TSJFan4Ever
Supernova
RedBedroom
9 posters

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Empty How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:56 am

I love(d) mine. Time for a new one since mine cracked.

I think it came from soaking it in water for too many hours too many times.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Empty Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 am

You mean like a crock pot? we've had at least 3 of them crack on us and the size we use gets harder to replace all the time.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? Empty Re: How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:01 am

Yes. I probably should have said crock pot. I just always call it slow cooker.

You guys have had several crack? Hmm...maybe that is just the nature of the beast and that is why mine cracked?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:19 am

I think they make them cheaper, our last one cracked but we had another cooker the same size that fits in the outer piece, so we're still good, but it's getting harder to find ones big enough for our cooking.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 am

More in the winter than in the summer. Maybe a couple of times a month or more in the winter.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:25 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:More in the winter than in the summer. Maybe a couple of times a month or more in the winter.
    co-signs We bought these plastic liners that we haven't had a chance to use yet.
    How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? OFIwAO3bkFxXjS-gy0TWTVV_Cpj0toJkZZerPXDrtGml68lx8PxI6pY18LA9qK0JMeUCQ0twlIkoO8xaNsSvCswStS17jBB3nN93qy-2ADdafQVaME832pAUFDz0Z_U4ejmpvLpubcX_UNLFBYAEABCW3S5gyX70jJ8vDcWGHnmnFBKi_IFwBA

Oh look Red. They called them Slow Cooker liners big grin
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:29 pm

I call it a slow cooker. We use it probably once or twice a week. Just as often in the summer...I'm more willing to use the oven in the winter, since it helps heat up the house. We make stews and chili, simmer spaghetti sauce in there all day, pork roasts, pot roasts, bean soups.

I've never had a problem with anything cracking, though. Are you letting them cool before soaking them? Extreme change in temperature can weaken cookware. I had a Pyrex dish shatter in the oven one time when I added some water to the pan.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Don't have one.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:25 pm

my roommate has one. she uses it for beef stew, and roast...come to think of it she hasnt used it in awhile .. but she puts it to pretty good use
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:07 am

2xy wrote:I call it a slow cooker. We use it probably once or twice a week. Just as often in the summer...I'm more willing to use the oven in the winter, since it helps heat up the house. We make stews and chili, simmer spaghetti sauce in there all day, pork roasts, pot roasts, bean soups.

I've never had a problem with anything cracking, though. Are you letting them cool before soaking them? Extreme change in temperature can weaken cookware. I had a Pyrex dish shatter in the oven one time when I added some water to the pan.

I do let them cool before putting water in it.

I had the same thing happen with a Pyrex dish, only I had used it for rice in the microwave, then stupidly rinsed it out while hot, and it just broke right out of my hands.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:08 am

alan smithee wrote:
    TSJFan4Ever wrote:More in the winter than in the summer. Maybe a couple of times a month or more in the winter.
    co-signs We bought these plastic liners that we haven't had a chance to use yet.
    How often, if at all, do you use a slow cooker? OFIwAO3bkFxXjS-gy0TWTVV_Cpj0toJkZZerPXDrtGml68lx8PxI6pY18LA9qK0JMeUCQ0twlIkoO8xaNsSvCswStS17jBB3nN93qy-2ADdafQVaME832pAUFDz0Z_U4ejmpvLpubcX_UNLFBYAEABCW3S5gyX70jJ8vDcWGHnmnFBKi_IFwBA

Oh look Red. They called them Slow Cooker liners big grin

Alan, my dad bought me those and they are GREAT. It is so nice not to have to clean after something messy like lasagna. I keep meaning to pick more up.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:48 am

My mother used to have one of these. I doubt she still uses hers too.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:30 am

I have one that belonged to my Mama but I have never used it and neither did she so its brand new sort of. I wonder if it works I have always been curious about the slow cooker.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I have one that belonged to my Mama but I have never used it and neither did she so its brand new sort of. I wonder if it works I have always been curious about the slow cooker.

You should really try it one day Tony. Maybe in winter some time with chili or stew or something you could freeze if you weren't having people over who could eat the extra.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:53 pm

I have one but it's only ever used for making soup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:21 pm