CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
MandyPerfumeGirl
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Shale
CeCe
Chris
9 posters

Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos? Empty Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos?

Post by Chris Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 am

What do you think, should he?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos? Empty Re: Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos?

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:12 am

The pictures aren't all that raunchy to me. I've seen more in tv ads. I do think it was extremely poor judgment on his part. Who doesn't know that that everything you put on the internet (even privately) & texts can come back to bite you on the ass? And sexting with people you don't know isn't all that bright.

As far as his job, as long as someone like Michelle Bachmann who is actively working to deny people basic human rights can keep her chair, so should he. Don't think it will happen though. I think the party will pressure him to resign. But his actions only harm himself & his marriage rather than the citizens of the country.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos? Empty Re: Should New York Rep. Anthony Weiner resign over 'raunchy' photos?

Post by Shale Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:42 am

I thot it was more funny than harmful, showing the ignorance of ppl using tech who haven't a clue.

I don't think he should resign for his stupidity in that area. After all it was amusing to everyone. Loved the New York Post HUGE headline last week; "WEINER EXPOSED"

However, he complicated his initial stupidity by lying. Doesn't he know that this electronic stuff is also traceable, that ppl will know if you were hacked or sent it yourself? He should take his online tech equipment and smash it with a hammer, just stick to basic voice cellphone until he gets a clue.

I would be hesitant to vote for a sleaze like that. Not so much for what he does (done worse myself) but for the sneaky way he does it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:45 am

I don't think he should have to resign, no. But if he thinks he's charismatic enough to win back his followers... good luck.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

Shale wrote:

I would be hesitant to vote for a sleaze like that. Not so much for what he does (done worse myself) but for the sneaky way he does it.

Very true. Can't remember the exact statement but when he said it may or may not be a picture of him it was fairly obvious. He should have just told the truth from the beginning, said it was a stupid mistake & moved on.

And it's a good idea to learn that when sending a DM on twitter you gotta put the intended persons @name first or everyone is gonna see it & much folly may follow.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am

I don't think he should have to resign, no. It was poor judgment on his part, yes, but he's only a person and people make mistakes, even politicians (or should I say, especially politicians!) Compared to a lot of the sleazy Republicans in office now and their tactics, this guy looks like a prince.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm

He'd have to resign if he were a Republican. But since he's a Democrat, he gets to keep his job. FORGIVENESS MAN

Doesn't really matter to me either way. As long as he's voted out next time. Razz
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:45 pm

No, he shouln't resign, but... How many people are going to go through hell, for this reason, before they stop doing it?

You would think people who are in high profile jobs, or are conscious of a maintaining an image, would avoid this sexting behavior, as it isn't that much fun anyway!

Geez!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:52 pm

I've seen him on Bill Maher's show a few times and he came off as a bit arrogant to me. Maybe he doesn't have to resign but he'll probably have to eat a few servings of crow.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:29 pm

No.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:30 am