CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
DanaShelbyChancey
CeCe
Chris
7 posters

President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign'

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign' Empty President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign'

Post by Chris Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:10 am

CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign' Empty Re: President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign'

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 am

Well good thing it's not. The dems need to stop throwing their own under the bus. Did he also call for Vitter's resignation?

yeah..that's what I thought.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign' Empty Re: President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign'

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:56 am

What I am most disgusted about with Weiner is, that he did this, knowing how many others before him got in trouble for it, knowing this very thing would happen if he got caught, and he did it anyway.

It shows a lack of understanding, or a lack of control over his own behavior. Go ahead, do whatever you want in your life, but if you are a Congressman and you get caught sending saucy photos, expect to be asked to resign.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:09 am

I agree with Obama. A married congressman tweeting a picture of his dick to another woman is stupidity on ice. I couldn't care less about Wiener's perverted sexual penchants and dalliances, it's his idiocy that shocks me. If at no point it didn't occur to him how easily this could all get out and turn into a big political scandal, then he is too stupid for his position, and if he didn't care, then he's too jaded for it. I see Weiner as having the mindset of a teenage boy, and don't see how he can retain the respect of his peers and constituency after all this.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am

I think we have a tendency to hold people to an unreasonable standard sometimes. It was definitely poor judgment but I'm much more bothered by the "may or may not be" "can't say with certitude" responses after the fact than I am about the stupid dick pic. The thing that matters most to me since no laws were broken here, is whether or not a person is doing their job. He was. So with that, I see no reason for him to resign. And let's say he does. He'll be replaced with what? Another politician & it will be business as usual in DC. He has a good bit of support from his constituents. Of course the right is going to demand it, even though they didn't demand it from one of their own who hired prostitutes (is that still illegal?) to change his diaper. Pelosi & Wasserman Shultz are prime examples of why I left the democratic party years ago. I hope they are both voted out next time for playing the role of republican lite.

Let the voters decide Weiner's future in the next election.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 am

CeCe wrote:I think we have a tendency to hold people to an unreasonable standard sometimes.

Hardly think it's unreasonable to expect politicians to not go ending crotch shots around.

But good to know Obama would resign in Weiner's shoes. I sleep SOOOO much better at night knowing that. FORGIVENESS MAN (Not)
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am

I'm sick of hearing this man's name. This isn't shocking. It was immature. It was a stupid move. Can we move on now?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:41 am

Rockbird wrote:I'm sick of hearing this man's name. This isn't shocking. It was immature. It was a stupid move. Can we move on now?

co-signs
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:43 am

Rockbird wrote:I'm sick of hearing this man's name.
    Me too. Wish we could vote him out now so we never have to hear it again. big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:42 pm

He should resign because he lied about it. Had he confessed, he wouldn't have had to. But if he doesn't, I think he could get past it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:32 am

President Obama on Rep. Anthony Weiner's sexting scandal: 'If it was me, I would resign' Bildschirmfoto%202011-06-15%20um%2015.09.51

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:06 am