CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
MandyPerfumeGirl
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Chris
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Tony Marino
10 posters

The Strange Guy Across the Street from me..........

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Strange Guy Across the Street from me.......... Empty The Strange Guy Across the Street from me..........

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:53 am

There is a family across the street from me, very nice family, Mother, daughter and Son. The kids are both probably in their early 40's. The mother is retired, the daughter got laid off about 3 years ago from her job and has not worked since. The Son used to work in the city, he used to ride the same train I do in the mornings. About 5 years ago I noticed he was not going to work anymore. Don't know what happened, never asked and the mother never volunteered the information.

They both have no friends, never go out except shopping. The Son takes the Mother food shopping every week. He is really strange. He is usually fully dressed by 6am. He has this obsession with the lawn and shrubs that are in front of the house. He goes outside at 6am and with a scissor cuts and trims the edges of the lawn. He roams around picking up a leaf here and a leaf there and goes out in the street and picks up leaves that are in front of the house. Sometimes I see him near the shrubs twisting off little twigs here and there and standing there like he is looking at art work! Yesterday I was out front watering the lawn and this guy takes a watering pail and is watering a little spot on the grass that is near the street!

He never spoke to me all the years I am living her just a nod her and there. Since he is always outside mowing and cutting and cleaning I assume there is nothing wrong with him and have no respect for a man that sits home with his mother and sister 24/7.

(Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

The Strange Guy Across the Street from me.......... Empty Re: The Strange Guy Across the Street from me..........

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:57 am

Are you Gladys from Bewitched? Smile
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Strange Guy Across the Street from me.......... Empty Re: The Strange Guy Across the Street from me..........

Post by Chris Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:01 am

Bizarre family. Sounds like the mother is probably overbearing and has them both on a string.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:05 am

Chris wrote:Bizarre family. Sounds like the mother is probably overbearing and has them both on a string.

Yep she is queen gestapo. Sometimes she is outside at 5:30 in the morning with her arms across her chest in her flowing flannel night gown inspecting the shrubs and lawn. She must then go inside and pat the son on the head and say "good job son".
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:06 am

Rockbird wrote:Are you Gladys from Bewitched? Smile

LMAO! Yeah sounds like it but I don't go screaming down the block "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAbner!!!!!

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:19 am

Sounds like alien sleeper cell - from another planet. They're just collecting data to see how to do an invasion.

Or, ... Don't you live in Stepford NY?
    blank stare @ you
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:43 am

So between them and the swearing little brat next door, you should just cash in on the whole deal and either sell tickets to your own, local freakshow, or contact Stephen Speilberg with a "great idea" for a new TV mini-series about "this weird neighborhood" you know of. . .

Or it that doesn't suit your fancy, go with the motto "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and just be an oddball yourself and freak them out more than they do, you. You could do stuff like:

1. Dress in a toga and go in your front yard and sing opera songs at the top of your lungs.

2. Pretend you have Tourette's Syndrome whenever you're outside

3. Speak to your neighbors only in Shakesperian language and quotes.

4. Paint your house an obnoxious color or colors while making animal sounds during the process.

5. Set up an army of garden gnomes, all in formation in your front yard and strap toy rifles to them all.

6. Get a bull-horn and read the Gettysburg Address and other historic documents, through it at various times of the day when you know your neighbors will be outside.

. . . I'm sure I can think of many more! big grin
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 am

I'm not sure why everyone on this thread is so judgmental towards these people whom they don't even know. They do sound like an eccentric group, sure, but they're not hurting anyone and they have a right to live how they want to. Leave them alone.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:07 pm

Gee Tony. It sounds like you're surrounded. The sons of bitches Bumpuses (less the smelly hound dogs) on one side and Norman Bates across the street.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:09 pm

alan smithee wrote:Gee Tony. It sounds like you're surrounded. The sons of bitches Bumpuses (less the smelly hound dogs) on one side and Norman Bates across the street.

I'm bout to say. He need to get out that neighborhood before it get dark.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:39 pm

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I'm not sure why everyone on this thread is so judgmental towards these people whom they don't even know. They do sound like an eccentric group, sure, but they're not hurting anyone and they have a right to live how they want to. Leave them alone.

MPG you are are right they are an eccentric bunch and the mother and daughter are the nicest and the friendliest in the neighborhood. The Son is the one that I don't know, you can't help but wonder about him.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:40 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:So between them and the swearing little brat next door, you should just cash in on the whole deal and either sell tickets to your own, local freakshow, or contact Stephen Speilberg with a "great idea" for a new TV mini-series about "this weird neighborhood" you know of. . .

Or it that doesn't suit your fancy, go with the motto "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" and just be an oddball yourself and freak them out more than they do, you. You could do stuff like:

1. Dress in a toga and go in your front yard and sing opera songs at the top of your lungs.

2. Pretend you have Tourette's Syndrome whenever you're outside

3. Speak to your neighbors only in Shakesperian language and quotes.

4. Paint your house an obnoxious color or colors while making animal sounds during the process.

5. Set up an army of garden gnomes, all in formation in your front yard and strap toy rifles to them all.

6. Get a bull-horn and read the Gettysburg Address and other historic documents, through it at various times of the day when you know your neighbors will be outside.

. . . I'm sure I can think of many more! big grin

LOL I like the Gettysburg Address one, I can only imagine how well that would go with the entire block!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I'd just keep my eye on him.....
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:17 am

Great post, Hyacinth - lol!!!! It would be a hoot to see everyone's reactions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:26 pm