CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
RedBedroom
6 posters

A really strange issue I have with this board.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

A really strange issue I have with this board. Empty A really strange issue I have with this board.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 pm

I have wondered this for a while, but today I got really curious. For a long time, I don't see most videos posted. They just come up as the long "paragraph" of the script, or whatever it is called. And it seems like it is only with certain users. I happen to know I can never see Alan's but always see NY's.

Anyway, today, I wanted to show my guy that video that NY posted of that newscaster. So, I just used the laptop to show him. I wasn't logged in, but just came to this site. So, I noticed when I had that funny video thread up, when I was logged out, I could see ALL of the videos posted. Last night, I could only see a few when I was logged on on the PC. So, tonight, when I first clicked on motocross freestyle video that Alan posted, I could not see it. So, I logged out on the PC, and then could see it.

Does anybody have any idea why this is? Or how I can resolve it?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

A really strange issue I have with this board. Empty Re: A really strange issue I have with this board.

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:14 pm

that doesn't happen to me, sorry red, i couldn't be of any help
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

A really strange issue I have with this board. Empty Re: A really strange issue I have with this board.

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:16 pm

cheaps wrote:that doesn't happen to me, sorry red, i couldn't be of any help

That's ok Cheaps!!

I always thought it was just my settings on the computer or something, but then when I see that I can see them when logged out, I am so curious about this.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:34 pm

o yeah, if it's about computer settings, i know even less about that Smile.. i'm sure someone knows whats up, and will help you out.. Oh Rob probably knows, he's been a big help to me Smile
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:07 pm

I can't see anything people have posted on the rav about it topic. I just did an experiment by logging off and going back to it. Same thing.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:12 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I can't see anything people have posted on the rav about it topic. I just did an experiment by logging off and going back to it. Same thing.

You know what is strange? When I was on the laptop today, I googled conversationchamber and one of the suggestions was that thread!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Hey Red:

On the main screen click on 'profile.'
    then click on 'preferences.'
    then scroll all the way down until you see 'always allow HTML' and select yes
    then save.

From there, you should be able to see the actual videos, as opposed to the script. What happened is that when the forum was started, I hadn't activated open HTML; so everyone who signed up in the first few months will have those original settings, until they are manually changed.

big grin
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:32 pm

Wow, that worked!!!!
    Thanks SOOOO much, Chris. It is going to be so cool to see all the videos now!! I really appreciate the help!!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Always glad to help Red! Smile
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:21 am

Glad you got it sorted out, Red. My problem is that it sometimes won't let me view videos 'cause I'm in Canada - copyright laws, I guess.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:03 am

I know that sometimes when I can't see the video, it's because it didn't load or whatever. Then when I revisit the thread later, I'll see it. A really strange issue I have with this board. 2517814472

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:47 pm