CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Supernova
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
Chris
8 posters

Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child? Empty Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:12 am

Should mothers teach their sons how to cook and sew? Should fathers be as willing to play catch with their daughters?
    Traditionally minded parents, that is.

Same question applies towards chores.
    If you had a teenage son and a daughter who were about the same age, would you be as quick to have her cut the grass and him clean?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child? Empty Re: Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 am

If they wanted to, that's all well and good. No biggie. Lots of men cook as adults anyway. Cooking only seems feminine because women usually are the household cooks. Men are plenty good chefs, especially the Italians. FORGIVENESS MAN
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child? Empty Re: Should parents share the same bonding activities with their opposite sex child?

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:05 am

I think that parents do that normally. But then the kids get older, and girls stop wanting to toss a ball or go fishing and boys stop baking and shopping.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:07 am

I definitely think they should, especially with chores because it irritates the hell out of me when some people say boys don't have to do certain things BECAUSE they're boys.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:09 am

They had better teach the boys to be able to open a can, and put something in a pot and heat it up!! Or else it will be a shock to their future partners.

Tossing a ball with dad, for a girl, is a fond memory. Better than cooking and sewing.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Nothing wrong with it.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Chris wrote:Should mothers teach their sons how to cook and sew? Should fathers be as willing to play catch with their daughters?
    Traditionally minded parents, that is.

Same question applies towards chores.
    If you had a teenage son and a daughter who were about the same age, would you be as quick to have her cut the grass and him clean?

My son and daughter are the same age....and I can honestly say that I don't treat either one different because of gender. It depends more on their personalities. Far as chores go, my attitude is that I don't care who does it, so long as it gets done.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Yes - most definitely. My Dad was my running coach all throughout high school from the time I started running until I graduated.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:18 pm