CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
pisces33
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
tmontyb
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
12 posters

Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love. Empty Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love.

Post by Chris Fri May 28, 2010 2:48 am

What is a movie that you hate/dislike/can't stand that everyone else seems to be in love with?

I will start with Avatar.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love. Empty Re: Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love.

Post by Nystyle709 Fri May 28, 2010 7:35 pm

Star Wars.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love. Empty Re: Movies you hate that everyone else seems to love.

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Where to begin?

Anything James Bond, I never got into those movies, I hated them.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, everybody says oooh it's so great, no it's not, man, it's complete and total crap.

The remake of When a Stranger Calls, people think it's so suspenseful, it's so scary, watching paint dry is better than that piece of crap.

Disturbia

Napolean Dynamite (people who say this is funny, what are you drinking?)

Juno

Donnie Darko

Requiem for a Dream, only movie aside from that Godawful foreign horror movie from the 80s, Revenge of the Living Dead Girls, that ever made me want to puke.

Georgia Rule, could've been good, it had a few good moments, but overall it was crap, especially the way they dealt with the pos husband that had sex with his 14 year old daughter, who walks away scot free except maybe he gives his wife a car. And the daughter, 'I wanted you to believe me so I lied, nothing happened' 'it DID happen, why don't you believe me?' 'It never happened, I just said it did so you'd believe me'. Oh yeah, changing your story 100 times in two days is REALLY going to make your mother believe anything you say.

A Walk to Remember, booooorring and cliche, we all know the story, boy meets girl, they fall in love, girl gets sick, girl dies, blah blah blah.

Return to House on Haunted Hill. The '99 remake was bad, but this pos sequel they gave it makes you have a whole new respect for its predecessor. NOTHING is connected to the last movie and nothing makes sense and they want to give IT a sequel too? HOW can anybody like this piece of trash?

The Exorcist...I did not find it scary at all and only mildly entertaining at best.

Lakeview Terrace, the whole film is stupid and Chris or his wife or his daughter should've had the privilege of killing him at the end.
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:11 pm

Supernova wrote:

The remake of When a Stranger Calls, people think it's so suspenseful, it's so scary, watching paint dry is better than that piece of crap.

I could not agree with you more on this one. The original is a masterpiece, IMO. This remake was awful.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Most movies widely praised. Razz
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:22 pm

Harry Potter movies, Twillight, and Star Wars and Star Trek.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 am

Shutter Island
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by pisces33 Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Avatar, best movie ever, imo. I read great reviews on Atonement, and absolutely hated it with a passion.
    SuSu-Coklat
    SuSu-Coklat
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by SuSu-Coklat Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:36 pm

Avatar, Shutter Island, anything with George Clooney and the Transformers franchise.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 am

There are exceptions but typically things with Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:32 pm

alan smithee wrote:There are exceptions but typically things with Adam Sandler, Will Ferrell and Jim Carrey.

RIGHT ON!

ITA. I generally don't care for these three -- or their movies -- at all. Especially Sandler. Ugh.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:47 pm

Thanks Chris. Two of the exceptions I mentioned are Stranger Than Fiction for Ferrell and Yes Man with Carrey but typically all three are too over the top for me. I'm glad they make others laugh though.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 pm

Chris wrote:

RIGHT ON!

ITA. I generally don't care for these three -- or their movies -- at all. Especially Sandler. Ugh.

Will Farrell, definitely. I saw The Other Guys a few weeks ago and I was SO not impressed. I didn't like that ice skating movie he did either. Adam has his moments but I've never been big on him either. Jim is the one I like the best out of all of them. But that's because I'm biased because of his In Living Color days. He's had a few movies that I thought were hilarious. Me, Myself and Irene.....I can watch that flick all day. Same with The Mask, Ace Ventura and Liar Liar.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Chris wrote:

RIGHT ON!

Will Farrell, definitely. I saw The Other Guys a few weeks ago and I was SO not impressed. I didn't like that ice skating movie he did either. Adam has his moments but I've never been big on him either. Jim is the one I like the best out of all of them. But that's because I'm biased because of his In Living Color days. He's had a few movies that I thought were hilarious. Me, Myself and Irene.....I can watch that flick all day. Same with The Mask, Ace Ventura and Liar Liar.

Yeah, Jim Carrey is the least offensive of the three, but his brand of silliness is often so over the top that it becomes grating. The truly strange part is that he is a terrific dramatic actor. Every now and then comes out of left field with a dramatic performance, and totally slays it. I wish he would do more of them.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:00 am

Everybody was so impressed with Charlize Theron's performance in "Monster" and I've never agreed with that! It was a lousy movie and Charlize's over-acting ruined it for me - I didn't make it till the end of it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:56 pm

alan smithee wrote:...exceptions I mentioned are Stranger Than Fiction for Ferrell and ...
    I really liked Stranger Than Fiction but otherwise can't stand any other Will Ferrell flicks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:12 am