CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Are you good at delivering bad news?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are you good at delivering bad news? Empty Are you good at delivering bad news?

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 pm

I don't like to tell people bad news.

Today, I totally f'ed up. I saw a friend and asked her if she had seen the news reports about our mutual friend's grandfather being killed. She had seen the reports, but did not realize who it was. So, there I was casually telling her about this, and she took it way harder than I ever dreamed she would. I feel like shit right now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Are you good at delivering bad news? Empty Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:59 pm

I would, but if I don't have to....then I won't. I remember when my uncle passed away about 8 yrs ago. He got shot and we all thought he was going to make it. My grandmother called my father's house to tell him, but he wasn't home and she told me that he passed. I didn't want to tell him, so I called my dad and told him that his mother said to call her and she could relay the news to him. He was very close to my uncle and I knew the news would make him very upset. I didn't want to be the one to break it to him, even though I knew before it he did. I let her tell him.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Are you good at delivering bad news? Empty Re: Are you good at delivering bad news?

Post by CeCe Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

I can & have but would rather not.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:11 pm

No. I'll merrily tell someone I dislike that their car was towed, that they aren't invited to the party, that they can clean out their office because they're fired....that sort of thing....but I'm not the one to have to tell someone their loved one died.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:53 am