CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
RedBedroom
Forgiveness Man
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Supernova
CeCe
femme fatale
Chris
11 posters

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards? Empty If you were famous, would you read your fan boards?

Post by Chris Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:04 am

If you were in the famous, would you read message boards and/or blog comments about you?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards? Empty Re: If you were famous, would you read your fan boards?

Post by femme fatale Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:24 am

I wouldn't go anywhere near them.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards? Empty Re: If you were famous, would you read your fan boards?

Post by CeCe Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:34 am

femme fatale wrote:I wouldn't go anywhere near them.

Neither would I. People are assholes. But I would have someone who checks them for the occasional nutcase before I walked out my door one day & found them standing there.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:13 am

Yeah, I would, I just wouldn't reply to them.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:03 pm

I would. And contact those who think they could run my career better than I. For the lulz.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Tough to say. On one hand, I'd like to see the true fans. On the other, I'd probably have a thing or two to say to the non-fans. Razz
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm

Knowing what I do about message boards, I would. I would be able to laugh off the mean comments if they were trollish in nature. And for those that were blunt and honest about not liking me or something about me, I would respect it because I know that nobody in the public eye is pleasing to everybody.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:52 pm

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:I would. And contact those who think they could run my career better than I. For the lulz.

ha HA! and that happens often on janet xone...
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 pm

co-signs

Back in the day, Prince used to read and would occasionally post at his message board on AOL. Me, though, I wouldn't bother. Most celebrities are instructed to stay away from forums, because they know their names are slandered to hell and back.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards? 35166

Back in the day, Prince used to read and would occasionally post at his message board on AOL.

Really? How did he go about it? I used to post in the Prince forum.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:40 pm

I'd read them if I was bored. I'd mostly focus on the positive ones. It'd be interesting to see what kind of stans I have, if I have any.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Oh, I always get a kick out of it. Even from the haters.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:32 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Nhaiyel wrote:

If you were famous, would you read your fan boards? 35166

Back in the day, Prince used to read and would occasionally post at his message board on AOL.

This was way back in the middle 90s, probably circa 1995-96. At the R&B message boards, the posting community at the Prince forum would have Sunday night chats, where they'd all get together and post. I never saw it happen, but I remember it being said (after he stopped) that Prince would occasionally post news and updates about his latest happenings at the board on those Sunday nights.

Also, I remember Wendy Williams used to have an AOL account and would post at the various music boards, like Ginuwine. There was a big discussion about whether or not he was gay, and I recall her briefly joining the conversation saying that she would love to out him if it were true, but despite his being a huge manwhore, none of her sources backed up the allegation. She proved herself authentic because email address listed at the Hot 97 website matched her AOL s/n.

Back in those days, AOL was like what Twitter is today, so many celebrities used to check out their areas to see what was happening.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:10 am

Nhaiyel wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:

This was way back in the middle 90s, probably circa 1995-96. At the R&B message boards, the posting community at the Prince forum would have Sunday night chats, where they'd all get together and post. I never saw it happen, but I remember it being said (after he stopped) that Prince would occasionally post news and updates about his latest happenings at the board on those Sunday nights.

Okay, this was a little before I started posting there. I was just wondering if I was actually debating/arguing with the Purple One about his stuff, lol. I wouldn't doubt that he was online though. Prince was one of, if not, the first musician to take advantage of the internet for promoting his music.

Also, I remember Wendy Williams used to have an AOL account and would post at the various music boards, like Ginuwine. There was a big discussion about whether or not he was gay, and I recall her briefly joining the conversation saying that she would love to out him if it were true, but despite his being a huge manwhore, none of her sources backed up the allegation. She proved herself authentic because email address listed at the Hot 97 website matched her AOL s/n.

And this I remember.

Back in those days, AOL was like what Twitter is today, so many celebrities used to check out their areas to see what was happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:53 am