CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Chris
RedBedroom
Supernova
8 posters

If you became famous, would you do an autobiography?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

If you became famous, would you do an autobiography? Empty If you became famous, would you do an autobiography?

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:33 pm

If you were to become famous, would you want, later in life, to tell your own story for the world in an autobiography, or have somebody do a biography on you?

Currently, I don't think I would because there's not much to tell. I don't live an interesting life worth reading about like Katharine Hepburn or Amelia Earhart, but how about everybody else?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If you became famous, would you do an autobiography? Empty Re: If you became famous, would you do an autobiography?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:59 am

I would. If I became famous at this age, there would most likely be an interesting way that came about.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

If you became famous, would you do an autobiography? Empty Re: If you became famous, would you do an autobiography?

Post by Chris Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Interesting question. I think I'd rather tell my own story, but I'm equally as fascinated by biographies as I am autobiographies. Sometimes it takes a somewhat 'detached' pen to tell give a more objection account.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:31 pm

My life isn't interesting enough! Razz
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:34 pm

I prefer my private life, private!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:42 pm

I hope I never get to find out. I don't want to be famous. Maybe the power behind the thrown, but not the king.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:30 am

You don't have to be famous to write an autobiography, just had to have lived.

I have written a history of my life which has now spanned six decades. Some changes in the world have occured. Other than family I don't know who would be interested but historians centuries from now love to get hold of the "everyman" version of what went on.

I was here during the sexual revolution of the 1960s & 70s. It was a significant part of my life and culture - so I have written a sexual history - which is archived in the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University. Again, just one small part of a bigger picture that researchers may someday appreciate.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:19 am

Shale, I think you are a rather articulate person, and have a lot to say.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:48 am

RedBedroom wrote:Shale, I think you are a rather articulate person, and have a lot to say.
    co-signs I've been meaning to suggest that he should write a book of his own. Too late!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:33 pm

I would write it myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 3:16 am