CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Forgiveness Man
Chris
6 posters

Advocating for issues that don't concern you?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Advocating for issues that don't concern you? Empty Advocating for issues that don't concern you?

Post by Chris Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:11 am

Are there an sociopolitical issues, or 'causes,' that you feel fairly strong/passionate about, despite them not personally affecting you?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Advocating for issues that don't concern you? Empty Re: Advocating for issues that don't concern you?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:41 am

Depends how we define personally affecting me I guess.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Advocating for issues that don't concern you? Empty Re: Advocating for issues that don't concern you?

Post by CeCe Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:18 am

Because of the ripple effect I'm not sure there ARE causes that don't personally affect us in at least some way. And yes that's a double negative but it's early & the coffee just got poured. When you try to help or advocate for some group or cause it's to bring about change that in the end does affect us all.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:02 am

CeCe wrote:Because of the ripple effect I'm not sure there ARE causes that don't personally affect us in at least some way. And yes that's a double negative but it's early & the coffee just got poured. When you try to help or advocate for some group or cause it's to bring about change that in the end does affect us all.
    co-signs

(And sometimes 'correct' usage ain't the best way to express something.)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:53 pm

CeCe wrote:Because of the ripple effect I'm not sure there ARE causes that don't personally affect us in at least some way. And yes that's a double negative but it's early & the coffee just got poured. When you try to help or advocate for some group or cause it's to bring about change that in the end does affect us all.

"Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee."
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:13 pm

Chris wrote:Are there an sociopolitical issues, or 'causes,' that you feel fairly strong/passionate about, despite them not personally affecting you?

Yes, but I'm not the picket lining type.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:26 pm