CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Supernova
captainbryce
Shale
CeCe
Chris
10 posters

Boys and ear piercings

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Boys and ear piercings Empty Boys and ear piercings

Post by Chris Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:51 pm

What do you think about boys and ear piercings? If your thirteen year old son wanted his ear(s) pierced, would you let him?
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Boys and ear piercings Empty Re: Boys and ear piercings

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:53 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with it. It isn't permanent so if he changes his mind later all he has to do is take the earring out & nature will do the rest.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:56 pm

CeCe wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with it. It isn't permanent so if he changes his mind later all he has to do is take the earring out & nature will do the rest.
    co-signs
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Chris wrote:What do you think about boys and ear piercings? If your thirteen year old son wanted his ear(s) pierced, would you let him?
    I got mine pierced when I was about 13, so I'd be kind of hypocritical of me to say that my own son couldn't do the same thing I did. Plus, I really don't see the big deal about ear piercings nowadays. Sure, back in the 80's that would have been seen as "queer", but in the 2010's it's pretty common place.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:27 pm

It's getting harder to find a guy who doesn't have at least one in his ear.

When I was 10 I wanted to get my ears pierced, my mom said no, she said if I still wanted to by 13 I could, so I waited, and by the time I was 13 I had LONG forgotten it. Of course, I think another factor was watching my mom trying to pierce her own ears with a needle so she could wear a set of rings somebody have given her, and it didn't work but it was very bloody, and I decided I did not want to do that.

Now, if my son was 13 and wanted to get it done, would I let him? Hell no, and I wouldn't let my daughter get it done either. I'd make them go through the waiting period too and see if a year or two later they still think it's so important.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Supernova wrote: ... I think another factor was watching my mom trying to pierce her own ears with a needle so she could wear a set of rings somebody have given her, and it didn't work but it was very bloody, and I decided I did not want to do that...
    Holy Shit! What size needle was it, a sail maker's? faints

I did my own ear using a sewing needle with alcohol drenched thread in it, a potato as backing and one glass of red wine. The only prob I had was the needle got stuck halfway thru when it hit cartelege, but eventually I managed to force it out. It was almost a relief when the alcohol hit the hole - pain was nothing compared to the psych trauma of sticking a needle thru your ear. hehe

It was sort of a pirate thing with me and I say boys who have it done at the mall are sissies.
    blank stare @ you
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Shale wrote:
    Supernova wrote: ... I think another factor was watching my mom trying to pierce her own ears with a needle so she could wear a set of rings somebody have given her, and it didn't work but it was very bloody, and I decided I did not want to do that...
    Holy Shit! What size needle was it, a sail maker's? faints

I did my own ear using a sewing needle with alcohol drenched thread in it, a potato as backing and one glass of red wine. The only prob I had was the needle got stuck halfway thru when it hit cartelege, but eventually I managed to force it out. It was almost a relief when the alcohol hit the hole - pain was nothing compared to the psych trauma of sticking a needle thru your ear. hehe

It was sort of a pirate thing with me and I say boys who have it done at the mall are sissies.
    blank stare @ you

I hear you. My first ones were done with a sewing needle & ice cubes. Now it's just "click click"
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Shale wrote:
    CeCe wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with it. It isn't permanent so if he changes his mind later all he has to do is take the earring out & nature will do the rest.
    co-signs
    co-signs I was going to add that he could pay for it himeslf but on second thought though, we paid for my daughter to get her ears pierced so I guess a son should be able to expect the same.
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:36 pm

I took my younger son to get his ear pierced at a tattoo place when he was 9yo. He got tired of it within a few months and let it close up.

I don't understand the big issue with piercings. Really. The only thing I would balk at is a tongue piercing, and not because I think it's unsightly, but because it comes with health risks.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:35 pm

Back when I was in elementary school maybe 4th grade, there was a boy in my class with his ear pierced. I remember thinking it was cute. Ever since then I haven't had a problem with a young boy getting his ear pierced. If my son was at least eight years old and wanted it, I would think about it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:10 am

Chris wrote:What do you think about boys and ear piercings? If your thirteen year old son wanted his ear(s) pierced, would you let him?

One ear, I prob. would but two I'd be iffy about. I don't think boys should wear earrings, but whatever.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:52 am

I adore piercings. And think boys with them are fine. But I don't want my son to do it. I don't really know why, I just won't allow it on him. Maybe it has to do with my piercings (all after age 18) and Mom's reaction. She always said they would be cute "on someone else's daughter" !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:05 am