CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
CeCe
Chris
6 posters

Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win Empty Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win

Post by Chris Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:52 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20078261-503544.html

July 10, 2011 4:30 PM
    Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win

Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win Screen_shot_2011-07-10_at_3.55.25_PM

Will she or won't she. That is the question still being asked as the GOP field for the presidential nomination heats up with candidates like Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann making headway, but not breaking away.

Looming over the GOP field, former Alaska governor and vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin is still holding out - not revealing her intentions, but giving enough signals to keep her in the mix, in the news, and on the cover of Newsweek for at least the fifth time since bursting onto the national scene at the 2008 GOP convention.

"I believe that I can win a national election," she told Newsweek's Peter Boyer in a rare interview with the press. "I'm not so egotistical as to believe that it has to be me, or it can only be me, to turn things around," she said. "But I do believe that I can win."

Of course, every candidate states that they can win, whether they believe it or not. In Palin's case, she may be taking her time in deciding to get a better feel for whether she could fully make good on her statement that she could beat President Obama in 2012.

Consistent with her stance over the past few years, Palin said her decision about running will be based on family dynamics.

"If it came down to the family just saying, 'Please, Mom, don't do this,' then that would be the deal-killer for me, because your family's gotta be in it with you."

But it seems - based on the Newsweek article - that the family is not opposed to Mom entering the race. Husband Todd Palin told Boyer, "Do I want her to run? It's up to her. I mean, we'll discuss it. But she's definitely qualified to run this country. And she's got a fire in the belly to serve."
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win Empty Re: Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:30 am

That damn fire in the belly again. Get that woman some Maalox.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win Empty Re: Sarah Palin tells Newsweek: I can win

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:36 am

I believe she can win too. Our current president is a joke. Against him, a poodle could probably win, and be a more efficient leader.

Of course, I don't think she'll run. She probably just likes seeing the media drool. They have this uncanny obsession with the woman. I think it amuses her.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:43 am

No way she could win, NOBODY takes her seriously from what I can tell. She comes off even dumber than Dubya. but I bet every comedian & late night talk show host is hoping she tries cause it would give them never ending material to use.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:46 am

RobbieFTW wrote: She comes off even dumber than Dubya.

She is. How disturbing is that? Wow!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:58 am

RobbieFTW wrote:But I bet every comedian & late night talk show host is hoping she tries cause it would give them never ending material to use.
    They already have that with the current president. They'd be able to have some super-laughs but I guess they aren't talented enough.

They say that SP comes off as dumb but usually it's her critics who end up coming off as the dumb ones when all is said and done.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:58 am

Go for it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:No way she could win, NOBODY takes her seriously from what I can tell. She comes off even dumber than Dubya. but I bet every comedian & late night talk show host is hoping she tries cause it would give them never ending material to use.

Be careful what you say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:00 am