CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RedBedroom
Shale
MandyPerfumeGirl
Impact
Alan Smithee
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
RobbieFTW
12 posters

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs Empty Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:52 am

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

11/16/2010 4:35 PM PST by TMZ Staff
    Sarah Palin's 16-year-old daughter Willow Palin used multiple homophobic slurs -- including the word f**got -- to attack a Facebook user who criticized her mom's new reality show .... TMZ has learned.

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs 1116-doc-launch-palin-ex

During the premiere of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" Sunday night -- a boy named Tre who went to school with the Palin kids wrote a status update that read, "Sarah Palin's Alaska, is failing so hard right now."

The comment sparked an intense response from Willow -- who replied on the boy's wall, "Haha your so gay. I have no idea who you are, But what I've seen pictures of, your disgusting ... My sister had a kid and is still hot."

Willow followed up that comment with another that read, "Tre stfu. Your such a f**got."

Bristol Palin also got in on the smacktalk -- writing a message to Tre saying, "You're running your mouth just to talk sh*t."

Eventually, a message board war erupted -- and Bristol took aim at another person named Jon -- saying, "You'll be as successful as my baby daddy, And actually I do work my ass off. I've been a single mom for the last two years."

After more users began to gang up on the Palins, Willow dropped another message that read, "Sorry that you guys are all jealous of my families success and you guys aren't goin to go anywhere with your lives."

Sources connected to the Palin family tell us ... Willow normally doesn't use this type of language, but she felt like she was being attacked along with her family. The source added it was the baby bear defending Mama Grizzly.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs Empty Re: Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:46 am

I noticed that the kids today use the word "gay" and "faggot" all the time but it usually has nothing to do with anything homosexual related its just an insult they throw out to one another. I am no fan of the Palin's but I would give the twit the benefit of the doubt and the media is just blowing it out of proportion.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs Empty Re: Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:46 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I noticed that the kids today use the word "gay" and "faggot" all the time but it usually has nothing to do with anything homosexual related its just an insult they throw out to one another. I am no fan of the Palin's but I would give the twit the benefit of the doubt and the media is just blowing it out of proportion.

Reality! xD Kids today use those words as an insult. Willow is a teen like any other. It's not a homophobic slur; it's just juvenile insults and the media yet again grasping at straws to hate on Palin. If they want Palin to go away, why do they seem to make a news story every time the woman walks out her front door? xD I'm waiting for the news to report us on Sarah Palin's Thanksgiving Day menu and how evil she is for not buying it at certain grocery stores. xD
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:32 pm

Her ignorant opinions aside, she also only seems semi-literate. At least twice she writes your instead of you’re and families instead of family’s.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:02 pm

alan smithee wrote:Her ignorant opinions aside, she also only seems semi-literate. At least twice she writes your instead of you’re and families instead of family’s.

Consider how her mother gives speeches

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs Sarah%20Palin%20hand-thumb-360x270
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:22 pm

Impact wrote:

Consider how her mother gives speeches

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs Sarah%20Palin%20hand-thumb-360x270
    Kind of funny seeing Obama supporters critiquing Palin's speechgiving. FORGIVENESS MAN I've found Palin to be considerably more grammatically correct than him. Razz

Willow is a teenager. Most are only semi-literate in internet lingo at best. Razz
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:28 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Kind of funny seeing Obama supporters critiquing Palin's speechgiving. FORGIVENESS MAN I've found Palin to be considerably more grammatically correct than him. Razz

Willow is a teenager. Most are only semi-literate in internet lingo at best. Razz

What's funnier is that you brought up Obama even though he has nothing to do with any of this. Until I see him give a speech with cliff notes printed on the palm of his hand, and one of his daughters is in the news because they went on Facebook using a slurs and poor grammar to insult one of their peers, he has no place or parallel in this discussion. Bottom line: Sarah Palin is an idiot, and so is her daughter. Bringing up Obama was only a ploy to dilute the conversation.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:46 pm

Willow is a teenager.
    Still a crappy excuse.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:28 pm

It's no surprise that Willow used those slurs, I mean, come on, she's Sarah Palin's daughter - can we really expect much?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:54 pm

Impact wrote:

What's funnier is that you brought up Obama even though he has nothing to do with any of this. Until I see him give a speech with cliff notes printed on the palm of his hand, and one of his daughters is in the news because they went on Facebook using a slurs and poor grammar to insult one of their peers, he has no place or parallel in this discussion. Bottom line: Sarah Palin is an idiot, and so is her daughter. Bringing up Obama was only a ploy to dilute the conversation.
    Sarah also has nothing to do with this either; it was about her daughter yet you used it to take cheap shots at her. That too was only a ploy to dilute the conversation.

Bottom Line? Um no, that is your OPINION and nothing more. And Obama doesn't use cliff notes cause he has a nice teleprompter that he reads and cannot function well without. I brought him up merely to show the double standards when it comes to poor grammar/speechgiving/having to read something.

And I doubt you'd ever see his daughters in the news cause the media only gives the Palin's the colonoscopy. Razz If his daughters did that, you'd never be told. Of course seeing as they probably don't have FB accounts yet due to their age, it's a moot comparison.

The real bottom line is that people can't find real things to stone the Palin's with, so they nitpick whatever they can. Yeah, Willow talked fowly on Facebook in improper grammar, like every other teenager in modern America. Forums and Facebook aren't known for proper grammar by ANYBODY; internet slang is commonplace nowadays. And they say when all else fails, attack grammar. Razz

Willow didn't do anything wrong and I think everyone knows it too. They just have some uncanny hatred for her mother that they are willing to hate her for whatever they can make stick. Plenty of other people have used much more offensive language and it doesn't even show up on the radar. People just wanna hate on the Palin's; she exposes them for who they really are. The ironic thing is that if it weren't for people who nitpick anything and everything the Palin's do, they'd have faded into obscurity a long time ago. Everytime I turn on the newsfeeds, there's something new about the Palins and it most often has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything. It's as if the liberals secretly lust after this family.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:43 pm

Yeah, Willow talked fowly on Facebook...

What, like a chicken?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:20 pm

alan smithee wrote:What, like a chicken?

Nah, like a modern American teen. Razz Her language is church talk compared to stuff I've heard. Since she isn't running for jack, diddley, OR squat, I say making a big deal out of what she says is proof that America needs to get a life. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:40 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:

Nah, like a modern American teen. Razz Her language is church talk compared to stuff I've heard. Since she isn't running for jack, diddley, OR squat, I say making a big deal out of what she says is proof that America needs to get a life. Razz

Sarah Palin's Daughter Uses Homophobic Slurs 35166
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:03 am

Tony Marino wrote:I noticed that the kids today use the word "gay" and "faggot" all the time but it usually has nothing to do with anything homosexual related its just an insult they throw out to one another. ...

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Reality! xD Kids today use those words as an insult. Willow is a teen like any other. It's not a homophobic slur; it's just juvenile insults ...
    Yeah, just like my redneck dad in Mississippi used to talk about the niggers. He wasn't really a racist, just the way he talked.

The fact is, under all the excuses we give these mindless teens who say "that's so gay" as an insult or even call someone a faggot - it is a slur to homosexuals. Not all teens use such language, just the poorly raised trash teens.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:53 am

Willow didn't do anything wrong and I think everyone knows it too.

Wrong doing is subjective. I classify stupid actions as doing something wrong.

I graduated high school in 1994 and "gay" was a word used as an equivalent to "lame"...not saying it is right, but I stated that to preface the sentiment that the use of "faggot" is much different. That word is not commonly used as anything but a slur.

I am Mrs. Nobody in Nowhere-ville, USA, and even my 11 year old son knows better than to talk garbage online. I think it is terrible that Sarah and Todd have not fully schooled their daughter on how to act online. They are in the public spotlight...and love or despise Palin, she has political aspirations, and has to know that every tid bit put out there is going to be torn to shreds.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:57 am

I used to call things gay and it had nothing to do with homosexual, just meant that i thought whatever it was was lame. Most people who do that start to stop in their early 20s when their maturity & vocab start to collide. It would have been one thing if she just said "gay" but she went on to say "faggot" too and that pushed it too far. The media IS making too much of this but even so, SP's kid is a butthead.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:01 am

Right, Gray.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Dan70 Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:42 am

Remember Willow was arrested for breaking and entering and vandalizing a house in AK while her parents where vacationing in Hawaii. Sarah's kids are a mess because she and Todd were/are absentee parents. I remember reading how she left the kids in the car when she stopped at a house party. Her trooper detail that was assigned to her became concerned and confronted her at the party. Sarah went off on them. She eventually got rid of the detail because she didn't like them following her around seeing what she was up to.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:14 am

RedBedroom wrote:

Wrong doing is subjective. I classify stupid actions as doing something wrong.

I graduated high school in 1994 and "gay" was a word used as an equivalent to "lame"...not saying it is right, but I stated that to preface the sentiment that the use of "faggot" is much different. That word is not commonly used as anything but a slur.

I am Mrs. Nobody in Nowhere-ville, USA, and even my 11 year old son knows better than to talk garbage online. I think it is terrible that Sarah and Todd have not fully schooled their daughter on how to act online. They are in the public spotlight...and love or despise Palin, she has political aspirations, and has to know that every tid bit put out there is going to be torn to shreds.

I hear it all the time and it's hardly used as a slur. I was actually surprised when I learned people could lose their job over saying it cause I heard it so frequently. I never realized that faggot has evolved into N-word level hate until recently cause it just seemed like a commonplace insult having little to do with actual homophobia.

They probably have taught her but as everyone here has said, kids will do what they want. Teenagers rebel. Razz "They're gonna do it anyway" as everybody likes to say. Wink
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:41 am

I hear it all the time and it's hardly used as a slur.
    Like one lad greating another with "My faggot!" and of course meaning "My bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel"?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:45 am

alan smithee wrote: Like one lad greating another with "My faggot!" and of course meaning "My bundle of sticks, twigs, or branches bound together and used as fuel"?
    No, like somebody just saying a typical teenage insult to try and insinuate that you aren't manly enough. Razz It's slightly above "sissy" in "slurness" to me, or at least based on how I've heard it used in the past. It's very commonly used in perfectly "nonslurful" ways. I think people are just looking to be offended anymore.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:04 am

Shale wrote:

Yeah, just like my redneck dad in Mississippi used to talk about the niggers. He wasn't really a racist, just the way he talked.

The fact is, under all the excuses we give these mindless teens who say "that's so gay" as an insult or even call someone a faggot - it is a slur to homosexuals. Not all teens use such language, just the poorly raised trash teens.

I live in a middle class neighborhood where the teens and younger ones are not raised as "trash teens". I have listened to how they speak to one another and not only the teens use the term "Gay" and "faggot" on one another but the younger ones do as well. With maturity I am quite sure that they will figure out that these are not words that should be part of their daily vocabulary. I am not saying its right or wrong it just is.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:21 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote: No, like somebody just saying a typical teenage insult to try and insinuate that you aren't manly enough. Razz It's slightly above "sissy" in "slurness" to me, or at least based on how I've heard it used in the past. It's very commonly used in perfectly "nonslurful" ways. I think people are just looking to be offended anymore.
    The point missed here is stereotyping as a slur. When kids say "that is so gay" they are conjuring up the prissy, effete, man, or a "sissy."

Now as a boy we denigrated other boys by calling them "sissy" or "pussy." It was an insult and we knew it. And referring to gay men as sissy perpetuates a stereotype that does not encompass the majority of gay men. I am not a sissy - I'm very much a man who happens to love other men. There are quite a few men out there just like me.

In fact I wonder when kids will realize this and start referring to some beefcake jock as "he is so gay!"

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:47 am

Shale wrote:
    The point missed here is stereotyping as a slur. When kids say "that is so gay" they are conjuring up the prissy, effete, man, or a "sissy."

Now as a boy we denigrated other boys by calling them "sissy" or "pussy." It was an insult and we knew it. And referring to gay men as sissy perpetuates a stereotype that does not encompass the majority of gay men. I am not a sissy - I'm very much a man who happens to love other men. There are quite a few men out there just like me.

In fact I wonder when kids will realize this and start referring to some beefcake jock as "he is so gay!"

Hey, I am not saying the terms aren't juvenile. They just are not some big hateful slurs. It's petty teenage insulting that a large majority of teens partake in. A teen calling something "so gay" or anything like that is a newsstory? I don't care how famous the person is; it's ridiculous.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:03 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:
    ... A teen calling something "so gay" or anything like that is a newsstory? I don't care how famous the person is; it's ridiculous.

Yeah, like a naked person on the nude beach is not newsworthy. I plan to go there and hang out today with hundreds of other naked ppl.

Hmm, wonder if Jake Gyllenhaal or Angelina Jolie show up - think there might be a couple of cameramen show up as well?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:24 am