CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Chris
7 posters

Do you have an addictive personality?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Do you have an addictive personality? Empty Do you have an addictive personality?

Post by Chris Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:08 am

Is your personality addictive? In other words, when you are attracted to something, do you tend to become too immersed in it?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Do you have an addictive personality? Empty Re: Do you have an addictive personality?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:19 am

I can have an addictive personality for a little while, but whatever I'm addicted to at the moment, its novelty will start to wane eventually. Except for Bob Marley. Do you have an addictive personality? 273237
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you have an addictive personality? Empty Re: Do you have an addictive personality?

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:41 am

I once belonged to an on-line forum for opinionists to discuss their thoughts about general entertainment, pop culture, trends, world affairs and daily life that was hard to stay away from.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:I once belonged to an on-line forum for opinionists to discuss their thoughts about general entertainment, pop culture, trends, world affairs and daily life that was hard to stay away from.

laughing *Wonders what forum Alan is talking about*
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:29 pm

Chris wrote:Is your personality addictive? In other words, when you are attracted to something, do you tend to become too immersed in it?

Hey this might actually explain the way I think. When I get interesting in something I kind of dive right into it and become mildly obsessed with it, at the time I become interested I try to find out as much as I can about that thing or that person because I know after a while I will lose interest.

Like when I first got interested in David Bowie last year, I found all the videos, all the interviews, I got in two biographies from the library and read through them because I knew in a few weeks my interest would drop, and it did. And nobody in my family likes David Bowie, so all the cool stuff I was finding out I had to spew out and dump on my poor friend who I don't think had any idea what I was talking about, but she could relate to the addictive-interest part of it.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:33 pm

I get interested, make it my life and then lose interest after a yr or so. Ex. the dalmatian rescue, scrapbooking, cars

But i've never been OCD like some people i know, and never addicted to anything like smoking, drinking, or drugging
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:34 pm

Sometimes compulsive but not addictive. Like when I started digitizing some old fotos. Started in the morning and next thing I know it's 3 p.m.

But it's not like I do something like that every day or that I do not slack off quite a bit.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:32 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I get interested, make it my life and then lose interest after a yr or so. Ex. the dalmatian rescue, scrapbooking, cars

But i've never been OCD like some people i know, and never addicted to anything like smoking, drinking, or drugging

You and Red need to have a talk big grin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:38 am