CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
MissYumYumCoco
Chris
Wadsworth
Jason B.
8 posters

Looks & Personality

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Looks & Personality Empty Looks & Personality

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:27 am

Have you ever dated someone or was attracted to someone whose looks you were hot for, but detested their personality

Has someone ever looked good to you at first, then suddenly become ugly after you heard what they had to say?

Have you ever thought someone was totally unattractive at first, but then became attracted to them because of how well you later liked their personality?
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Looks & Personality Empty Re: Looks & Personality

Post by Wadsworth Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:43 am

JB wrote:Have you ever dated someone or was attracted to someone whose looks you were hot for, but detested their personality

Yeah and it got old real quick.

Has someone ever looked good to you at first, then suddenly become ugly after you heard what they had to say?

Nope never thought a female looked good but then after she says something stupid she's now ugly to me. She might lose points in OTHER AREAS and I might not like her personally, but if she look good then she look good.

Have you ever thought someone was totally unattractive at first, but then became attracted to them because of how well you later liked their personality?

Only if she was "ok" looking to start with can a tight personality add a few points. But if I thought she was ugly before then no matter how funny or cool the attitude is, it won't change the face. If she crazy cool then maybe now I won't hate BECAUSE OF the foldiers face & might look PAST that when we chat, but if she got the face of a fuckin rhino I'm not gonna start thinkin she HOT just cuz she got jokes.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:48 am

JB wrote:Have you ever dated someone or was attracted to someone whose looks you were hot for, but detested their personality?

Dated, as in one date (two at the most), yes; Relationship, no.

It's not that they 'became ugly,' it's more a case of their good looks becoming completely irrelevant after they say something that is irritating.

Yes I have. There have been times when someone's goodness under-minded made my initial shallow perception, and from there I was willing to look at the whole person.
    MissYumYumCoco
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 2

Post by MissYumYumCoco Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:58 am

I have dated men who weren't physically attractive in a typical sense, but were EXTREMELY attractive because of personality and talent. One guy played the guitar and sang so beautifully that he was a keeper. He was also brilliant.

I generally didn't date super hot guys, just nice looking. I never found one who was the personality from hell because I generally checked them out pretty thoroughly prior to a date. I'm married, so I don't have to worry about it any more.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:31 am

JB wrote:Have you ever dated someone or was attracted to someone whose looks you were hot for, but detested their personality

Oh yeah, all of the above.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:16 am

Same as Cat, all of those are a "yes" for me. But regarding the first question, I never detested their personality, I just knew that they were not anywhere near my ideal.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Have you ever dated someone or was attracted to someone whose looks you were hot for, but detested their personality?

Kind of. I used to date this good-looking guy, but it's not that his personality was so detestable, he was just annoying! I hate to admit it, but I hated being around him - I felt like I had been married to him for 20 years and could barely stand him. But very, very good-looking.

Yes. I dated this guy who, at the time, I thought was really good-looking - and then we started to talk about politics. What a mistake! I found out he was a right-winged Republican who didn't believe in interracial relationships/marriages or gay relationships/marriages. Ugh! Sorry, that's a turn-off!

Yes! This happened with most recent guy I dated. I thought he was just about the ugliest thing I ever saw, but his struggles and great sense of humor really drew me in. It's funny how things like that work because the better their personality is the more physically attractive they become.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:03 pm

No.

Mmmmnope.

No. And I'm kinda going through that right now. There is the one guy that I have been talking to for a while and he's actually become one of my good friends. He wants to take it there, but I don't. He has the best personality in world, he makes me laugh and we pretty much agree about everything but I'm not sexually attracted to him so that will never go down.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Only if she was "ok" looking to start with can a tight personality add a few points. But if I thought she was ugly before then no matter how funny or cool the attitude is, it won't change the face. If she crazy cool then maybe now I won't hate BECAUSE OF the foldiers face & might look PAST that when we chat, but if she got the face of a fuckin rhino I'm not gonna start thinkin she HOT just cuz she got jokes.

LMAO! And I was pissed when I got home tonight, thanks for making my day!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:25 am