CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters

Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six? Empty Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six?

Post by Chris Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:39 am

A few weeks ago, we talked about whether or not kids under a certain age should be able to fly first class, because of hyperactivity. In the news, they're talking about a restaurant proposing to disallow children under six years old being permitted to enter for the same reason. What do you think about this?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six? Empty Re: Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:11 am

I guess it may depend on the ambience of the restaurant and how upscale it is. In general though......no
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six? Empty Re: Should restaurants be permitted to ban kids under age six?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:08 am

A restaurant should be able to set whatever kinds of restrictions it wants as long as it makes them clear before seating people and taking their money. lol If they want to make it so families choose to dine elsewhere by banning all kids, that is their business.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Yes. Some people like an adult ambiance when they go out to dinner, and am not interested in hearing the chatter and noise that little kids tend to make.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Read about a restaurant that had done that recently. My biggest problem are parents who just sit there & let them scream. I got stuck next to an obnoxious bitch who stopped her husband from taking the kid outside because "he wants what he wants." Then turns to the screaming mimi fit throwing little brat & says "don't you baby?" She kept saying this over & over. Bitch.

It's unfortunate that it could come to that. It's not necessarily the kids but the parents who won't act like parents.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 pm

CeCe wrote:Read about a restaurant that had done that recently. My biggest problem are parents who just sit there & let them scream. I got stuck next to an obnoxious bitch who stopped her husband from taking the kid outside because "he wants what he wants." Then turns to the screaming mimi fit throwing little brat & says "don't you baby?" She kept saying this over & over. Bitch.

It's unfortunate that it could come to that. It's not necessarily the kids but the parents who won't act like parents.

I think I would have said something, myself, to the woman--I stopped caring a long time ago if people get offended by something I say, that needs to be said. I would've told her to take her kid to Chucky Fuckin' Cheese if she wants to allow a free-for-all, and let the rest of the patrons eat in peace.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:21 pm

I think they have every right to ban kids. Depending on the region, it could sink or swim. I could see it go over well in larger cities.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:23 pm

It would be fine with me. They ought to enforce a 'no screaming brats' restriction in all the places they do with public smoking, then there wouldn't be any place left for them but home, and the parents would either have to just leave them there all the time or finally make their damn kids behave.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:27 am

No problems with this at all. Kids are not and should not be welcome everywhere. People should be allowed to have places they can go and enjoy a nice meal/evening without having to deal with kids.

People that get offended by it are the same people that bring their kids with them when they get their nails done and let the kids run around without supervision.

People can not stand the thought that their precious little darlings don't always act the way they think they do.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
    CeCe wrote:Read about a restaurant that had done that recently. My biggest problem are parents who just sit there & let them scream. I got stuck next to an obnoxious bitch who stopped her husband from taking the kid outside because "he wants what he wants." Then turns to the screaming mimi fit throwing little brat & says "don't you baby?" She kept saying this over & over. Bitch.

I think I would have said something, myself, to the woman--I stopped caring a long time ago if people get offended by something I say, that needs to be said. I would've told her to take her kid to Chucky Fuckin' Cheese if she wants to allow a free-for-all, and let the rest of the patrons eat in peace.

Seriously. It really ruined what could have been a relaxing dinner. I would never expect a child to behave perfectly every minute but parents need to handle those times when they're causing a disturbance like that.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:10 pm

femme fatale wrote:No problems with this at all. Kids are not and should not be welcome everywhere. People should be allowed to have places they can go and enjoy a nice meal/evening without having to deal with kids....

That is basically the bottom line here and restaurants should know this. Anyone can prepare a meal at home just as good as a restaurant (and considerably cheaper) but most elect to go out for the AMBIENCE of eating out. Some even hire a baby-sitter so they can do that.

Then to have someone else to bring a kid in and destroy that ambience, which you paid so much to enjoy should be criminal. I can't understand why more real restaurants don't ban kids. If you wanted to have a bunch of kid activity you could just stay home with yours and save the expense of the baby sitter.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Shale wrote:
    femme fatale wrote:No problems with this at all. Kids are not and should not be welcome everywhere. People should be allowed to have places they can go and enjoy a nice meal/evening without having to deal with kids....

That is basically the bottom line here and restaurants should know this. Anyone can prepare a meal at home just as good as a restaurant (and considerably cheaper) but most elect to go out for the AMBIENCE of eating out. Some even hire a baby-sitter so they can do that.

Then to have someone else to bring a kid in and destroy that ambience, which you paid so much to enjoy should be criminal. I can't understand why more real restaurants don't ban kids. If you wanted to have a bunch of kid activity you could just stay home with yours and save the expense of the baby sitter.

That's how it is for me most of the time. It's not necessarily the food but just wanting to get the hell out of the house & AWAY from the chaos.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:28 am