CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Supernova
RedBedroom
6 posters

Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity? Empty Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity?

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:39 pm

People get busy, so I lean toward thinking they are a good idea so that friends and family that are not super close can plan ahead.

I have only ever gotten two. One came in the form of a cute magnet with their engagement photo. The other, we just got tonight, made me giggle. It is from my guy's sister, who he hasn't spoken to in years. It is a cheap ass little orange construction paper, not even cut straight with their names, and date of their wedding.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity? Empty Re: Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity?

Post by Supernova Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:07 am

I never even heard of them.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity? Empty Re: Are "save the date" cards prior to wedding invites going out a necessity?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:14 am

I worked for a calligrapher for over a year-- he would say YES.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:25 am

(Oh!) Rob Petrie wrote:I worked for a calligrapher for over a year-- he would say YES.

LOL! I imagine he would!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:09 pm

These are notifications that I can expect to be invited to something before I'm invited? I'm with Supernova on this one. Never heard of it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:39 pm

I haven't heard of them either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm

No, they aren't. When you send the invitation, the date is on there. People who received know whether they want to save the date or not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:37 am