CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives Empty Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives

Post by Jason B. Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:56 am

I hope V will get a stable role after it ends.

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives V

Vanessa seen with her new onscreen love interest.

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives 007
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives Empty Re: Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives

Post by Tony Marino Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 am

Awww I wonder why DH is in its final season, I thought the ratings were pretty good. I guess they want to end it on a high note. Love VW on the show!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives Empty Re: Vanessa Williams confirms the end of Desperate Housewives

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 am

The ratings aren't BAD but they are a shadow of what they once were. I think it's good to end it on a high note. Go out on your own terms. Don't fade away into obscurity. Besides, if the ratings sank much lower, ABC might've cancelled it anyway. Of course, this likely will make ABC even more desperate (pun semi-intended. Wink ) to find a new hit. Aside from Castle, there's not been a hit drama to come out of their network since the 04/05 season.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:23 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:The ratings aren't BAD but they are a shadow of what they once were. I think it's good to end it on a high note. Go out on your own terms. Don't fade away into obscurity. Besides, if the ratings sank much lower, ABC might've cancelled it anyway. Of course, this likely will make ABC even more desperate (pun semi-intended. Wink ) to find a new hit. Aside from Castle, there's not been a hit drama to come out of their network since the 04/05 season.

You are absolutely right lil bro, its best to go out on the high note. What puzzles me is that last season a few times they were in the number one spot as far as ratings. I guess the show has just run out of steam like Brothers and Sisters. With the cancellation of the soaps now ABC really has to work hard to get back into shape. After OLTL is gone off of ABC I will no longer be watching anything on ABC daytime.

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:51 am

Tony Marino wrote:

You are absolutely right lil bro, its best to go out on the high note. What puzzles me is that last season a few times they were in the number one spot as far as ratings. I guess the show has just run out of steam like Brothers and Sisters. With the cancellation of the soaps now ABC really has to work hard to get back into shape. After OLTL is gone off of ABC I will no longer be watching anything on ABC daytime.

And NO. 1 is good. But the problem seems to be a lot that ratings in general are sinking. Sure, there are the reality giants and big sports events, but scripted programming is suffering, and serials especially are finding it hard to stay competitive. Ratings were dipping consistently below 10Mil this season and the demo often started to go below 3mil. Now, these numbers aren't especially bad. Many shows succeed for years on such numbers. I think the problem is the downward trend from previous seasons, coupled with the costs of maintaining a show. Not to mention the show has largely been getter staler and with Marc Cherry essentially leaving, now seems the time to end it. I wish all shows got to have a prepared final season. IMO, it's a gift.

I imagine Grey's Anatomy will hang on one more year but with it's main cast likely leaving, it's not long for this world either. ABC is in trouble. This is likely the last season for Private Practice and is definitely the last for DH. It has The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars, along with the underratted Castle (it's really a good show, IMO) to keep itself afloat on Monday nights. And Modern Family will likely hold it's own for a half hour on Wednesday nights. But those shows cannot keep the network afloat. They need a new hit, NOW! And none of the shows really seem to be bringing the buzz.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am