Experts: Kids suffer without recess Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Experts: Kids suffer without recess

Go down 
+2
ph balanced
Supernova
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Experts: Kids suffer without recess Empty
PostSubject: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:50 pm

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44123365/

This really isn't anything new, we've known it for years, I know I have, but for some reason a lot of people still have their heads in the sand with 'kids don't need to play at school, they can do that at home', or 'kids won't pay attention if they run around at recess' or 'it's important they get high scores on the standardized test first'...chalk up another pro for homeschooling, recess is never canceled due to budgetary reasons or time constraints or because of standardized tests must take priority over everything else.
Back to top Go down
ph balanced
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.
ph balanced

Female
Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 pm

I think recess shouldn't be limited to kids; adults need to play on the swings and monkey bars sometimes as well.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:59 pm

I know that's true. big grin I found a couple of books going into great detail of why adults need to play as well, though I haven't gotten around to reading them yet. And I also have a couple of books talking about how exactly taking away recess from kids sets them up to suffer and ultimately fail.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:52 am

I can't fathom it. I loved recess when I was coming up. It definitely shouldn't be phased out.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 8:35 am

Why give kids recess? It actually helps them and school's purpose in these days is to stifle growth.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:21 pm

"Kids suffer without recess."

That conclusion doesn't surprise me.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess EmptySun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Absolutely. You can't have kids stay cooped up for six hours at a time; they gotta be able to go and let off some steam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Experts: Kids suffer without recess   Experts: Kids suffer without recess Empty

Back to top Go down

Experts: Kids suffer without recess
Page 1 of 1