Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?

Go down 
+7
Nystyle709
RobbieFTW
CeCe
Shale
wants2laugh
Supernova
Jason B.
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? Empty
PostSubject: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 pm

"Music Time-Warp Syndrome" is a cruel and pernicious disease that often strikes people in their late 20's and early 30's. Symptoms vary, but the outcome is always the same: an almost total inability to recognize any music released after their affliction as being good.

The sufferer will continue to purchase albums by artists that they quite liked in and before the year of their affliction, but any new artists will be considered not as good, or too teeny-bopperish.

Their precise behavior is somewhat dependent on the year they acquired the syndrome, but they can often be heard voicing their disapproval of anything in the charts by saying things like "There's really no need for all that swearing", "It doesn't even have a proper tune," "this is noise," or "this is unoriginal."

Are you a sufferer?
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 8:59 pm

I'd hardly call the people on MTV and VH1 'teeny-bopperish'.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:07 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I SO suffer from this! I turned off my radio in the 90s during the whole grunge period. Then later it seemed as though old rock songs were being remade, so i stick to my mp3 lol
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Are you trying to tell me they made new music after Led Zepellin, Santana Abraxas, Moody Blues, The Doors, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix and Crosby Stills Nash & Young? Shocked
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:04 am

Shale wrote:
Are you trying to tell me they made new music after Led Zepellin, Santana Abraxas, Moody Blues, The Doors, The Eagles, Jimi Hendrix and Crosby Stills Nash & Young? Shocked
They went as far as Stevie Ray Vaughan but stopped after that.

True story Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? Nod
Back to top Go down
RobbieFTW
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
…is Being Fitted For a Crown.
RobbieFTW

Male
Rep : 145

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 12:55 am

I don't know if I am there yet cause I still like alot of new music by newer acts but I can say that music was better when I was between the ages of 10 and 20 (but everybody feels that way probably).
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 2:37 am

RobbieFTW wrote:
I don't know if I am there yet cause I still like alot of new music by newer acts but I can say that music was better when I was between the ages of 10 and 20 (but everybody feels that way probably).

Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? 35166

A lot of what I hear is crap....but there are some stuff out there that I can listen to. Good music isn't in abundance, but it's out there.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 am

I usually give music a chance before I condemn it or praise it. I may have a case of slight music time warp syndrome.
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 10:19 am

I have this disease, but it's a mild case. I listen to new music in jazz, dance and Neo-Soul, but I cannot stand Top 40 and I cannot stand today's R&B. During the 80's and 90's I listened to Casey Kasem's American Top 40 every single Sunday and I knew every pop and R&B crossover song. Suddenly hip-hop starting taking over the charts and I just lost interest and tuned out. Today, hardly anyone singing contemporary pop has any talent. Let me re-phrase. You can't really tell if they have talent because of the way Top 40 is produced. No one plays real instruments and it seems like everyone is auto tuned, but I digress, there are a few out there that I think very good, but they are few and far between.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Shale wrote:

I just realized I did a self-portrait with MY music back in '89. (Pardon the butt, but it's a lifestyle thang - I never wear clothes at home)
Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? 6708656823_953df792f0_z

I gave away all the vinyl to my bro-in-law and now have most of it on CD. Easier to store & play, but wouldn't make much of a foto essay of me in my element.

Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Big time. Today's music is garbage. I don't like 90+% of the "pop stars" of today. In the last 3 years I've bought 3 CDs.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 4:44 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

A lot of what I hear is crap....but there are some stuff out there that I can listen to. Good music isn't in abundance, but it's out there.

Double co-signs
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:

Cheaps wrote:
Double co-signs
co-signs co-signs co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?   Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you suffer from Music Time-Warp Syndrome?
Page 1 of 1