CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

To what degree do you feel trapped?

Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

To what degree do you feel trapped? Empty To what degree do you feel trapped?

Post by Kral Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:14 pm

Do you ever feel trapped in a situation that is ongoing and has no "end" in sight? Bad relationship, dead end miserable job, living in a house or neighborhood you want desperate be out of. Something like that. When you're THAT miserable, is it ever OK to just walk away on the spot consequences be damned...or should a "plan" always be made?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

To what degree do you feel trapped? Empty Re: To what degree do you feel trapped?

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:05 pm

If you don't like something about yourself or your life, then change it. If you have plan, then do that, if you can do it as soon as possible....do that as well. I don't think you should make changes if it will have a negative effect. Don't like your job, don't quit until you've found another one (unless you have bread saved up), but be adamant about looking for another.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

To what degree do you feel trapped? Empty Re: To what degree do you feel trapped?

Post by Shale Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:19 pm

This tanked economy is really at a bad time for me. I have worked the same job for 11 years and enjoyed it until five years ago when we got this asshole of a Executive Director. He hasn't liked me from the beginning and now with budget constrainst I am one of the few chosen to take a 25% pay cut.

This is such a "take this job and shove it" moment but I am trapped. I could probably limp along on a little Social Security and Medicare but I would be quite poor and dipping into my not-so-large savings. Compounding that is my daughter who has been unemployed for a couple of years who I try to help out - that would have to end.

Even in a good economy, it is difficult for a 66-year-old guy to get a job. In this one it is nil. So yes, I feel trapped and lucky to even have a shitty job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 4:03 am